VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brothers is all rusted out. color doesnt matter, he just needs a new one since its leaking and screwing up his electrics. junkyards where one is would work too. any info please. thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: anyone know where i can find a rear hatch for mk3 golf quick? (Severance)

theres a nice junkyard in cumberland going towards mass, you take a turn off of mendon road when you see a resturant called "cantin demarco"(sp) (street leads to diamond hill i belive) drive up this un-named street untill you see a brick builing on the left and take a turn right before the building and go all the way down, they might have something http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you dont know the name of it do ya? so i can call? im actually in northern mass up near lowell so thatd be a hike without calling them first. thanks though!

·
Banned
965 Posts
Re: anyone know where i can find a rear hatch for mk3 golf quick? (Rd_Warrior)

Give this number a call....860-889-5170. His name is Guy. Its probably too far for you but he did have alot of junked vw's when I went there.

·
Registered
27,966 Posts
Re: anyone know where i can find a rear hatch for mk3 golf quick? (vdubber828)

Norwich is a pretty easy drive down 395. I have a friend that comes up, stays over, and even goes to work the following morning from here.
And, I usually stay with him when I golf in CT. Same thing. I get up and go to work in MA.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: anyone know where i can find a rear hatch for mk3 golf quick? (Cooper)

Might not be the hatch, even with the rust.
Could be the rubber gaskets behind the tail lights. Eventually most MKIIIs will leak -- sometimes vy badly -- through the tails, down their PCB (mhmm: safe!) and water will sog through the carpet and into the spare-tire well, and/or under the back seat into the rear footwell. Royal PITA -- thank you VW.
Good news, though! The gaskets are symmetrically reversible. Just take off both tail-lights, flip the gaskets L to R (add some silicon caulk or something waterproofy, if you have it) and put it all back together. Preso = no leaks.
Just be careful when you pull the tails off, not to rip the gasket. It may stick to either the taillight, or the car, or both.
Best - Isaac, ex of Cambridge now in Manhattan.
p.s. I drilled a couple of small drain holes through my spare tire well to avoid mildew and mold. Worked really well. Just look out for the gas tank if you're drilling from the inside-out.

Modified by ilja at 9:55 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Re: anyone know where i can find a rear hatch for mk3 golf quick? (Severance)

John, hollands in Billerica has a few decent hatches. LMK if you need a hand getting it as I have a pickup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts