VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i couldnt post a normal topic so i did it this way...anyway i want to know how the install process is for a cd changer for my 02 bug with a monsoon hu. i have a panasonic changer with the adapter...where does the connection take place?? any ideaS? is it the black cover in the trunk??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: Anyone know where to install a NB Cd changer?? is the black cover thing in the trunk??? (arbi99)

The pigtail for the CD changer is on the left side (driver's side) of the trunk behind a small panel almost even with the bottom of trunk next to the wheel well. Additionally, you should have a bracket to stand the CD changer in. If you pull up the carpet of the trunk, you will see where the screws go. The dealer will normally cut out a small amount of the carpet to install the bracket.
Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Anyone know where to install a NB Cd changer?? is the black cover thing in the trunk??? (arbi99)

I used the Panasonic brackets and taped the mounting brackets with the double sided tape provided to the floor of the trunk and cut holes in the carpet for the lug to protrude to secure the side brackets. Works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.