VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look no further. FERODO STREET and FAST ROAD (DS2000) pads are now back in stock! What is the difference between the two pad compounds? The FERODO STREET compound is designed for spirited driving in all street conditions including wet. It is an application specific compound tailored to the enthusiast with daily driven needs. The FAST ROAD (DS2000) compound is a more aggressive pad with a higher coefficient of friction, but requires a slightly more initial 'heat-up' time. This compound is great for the weekend track racer that does not want to switch brakes at track time. This pad is especially usefull on heavier vehicles, ie. VR6, 2.8V6, etc.
To find out if we have the fitment for your needs, feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your time.
Joel Arca
[email protected]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone looking for performance brake pads? (RainbowGTI)

thanks for the post! I've tried a few pads personally and I've found the Ds2000's to be the best. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Re: Anyone looking for performance brake pads? (Joel_Velocity)

Heard great things about Ferrodos for track events as well - however, I have not heard how they do with the MKIV rotors as far as warping. Have you heard any complaints?

·
Registered
2019 awd krautgeist
25,576 Posts
Re: Anyone looking for performance brake pads? (Raring 2 Go)

I LOVE the Ferodo's on the track!! If you are a very serious enthusiast and get to the track a few times a year, put them on!!!!
You may warp your rotors a bit sooner (subjective), but take your cooldown lap serious (keep it a cooldown lap), and don't put the parking brake on when pitting in!!
Stock pads fade way too quickly, even on the street.... all you street racers might get a nice improvement by putting on the FERODO STREETS. Some of my friends know how fast I can get stock brakes to smoke from driving just a little bit around the neighborhood

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone looking for performance brake pads? (syntrix)

Syntrix is right. The warping problem is subjective, and do take him suggestion with the cool down lap. KV here at the shop was running DS2000 pads on his race car (est. 185-195hp...dyno run soon to come on final TECII program) with our Velocity slotted rotors with no warping problems! He put about 2 FULL DAYS of hard racing at buttonwillow and pahrump, nv with problems. He is now running DS3000 pads and 3" cooling ducts routed to the calipers. These DS3000s are the real race only stuff. They are great but for full race applications only (also available!). BUT...for a good mix of street and track, the DS2000 is still the pad to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts