VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy is going to the navy and would like to sell it. Nothing really to great to say about the car. Looks bad (no rust, just missing a lot of trim), runs okay, but oh-boy does it need work. I was thinking about buying it myself and just working on getting it back up to snuff. Just thought I'd throw it out. It's a 91 8v and I think he's asking $1000-$1200. He has actually taking really good care of it, but he just can't keep up with the problems. Now that I made this car so desireable....let the bidding begin! Oh yeah you can contact him at [email protected] or it may be hotmail.com, I dunno...
JOsh

· Registered
2018 VW Atlas, 2013 Audi allroad, 1974 Split Window Bus
516 Posts
Re: Anyone need a MK2 GTi in a month or so? (vwgti303)

Sorry about hijacking the thread, but I'm selling my '91 16v GTI soon. The for sale date is a little uncertain because it depends on when I get my R32 (Hopefully mid Feb). Stay tuned for details, or send me an IM if you think you'll be interested. I need to work on posting some pictures, but in the mean time I can email them out.
Ryan

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Anyone need a MK2 GTi in a month or so? (not_so_furious)

Don't have pics right now. I'll ask my buddy if I can give out his number. If so, then IM me and everyone remotely interested can call him directly.
Josh

· Registered
32 Posts
Re: Anyone need a MK2 GTi in a month or so? (vwgti303)

Quote, originally posted by vwgti303 »
A buddy is going to the navy and would like to sell it. Nothing really to great to say about the car. Looks bad (no rust, just missing a lot of trim), runs okay, but oh-boy does it need work. I was thinking about buying it myself and just working on getting it back up to snuff. Just thought I'd throw it out. It's a 91 8v and I think he's asking $1000-$1200.
JOsh

I bought a gti better condition than that for only $600 and the only that needed to be done was the valve cover gasket and we needed a new alternator because we took the a/c out of it.

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Anyone need a MK2 GTi in a month or so? (vdubrules)

That's great, but I'm not the one selling it so the price isn't up to me (If it was I'd ask for a stick of gum and a popsicle to seal the deal.) If anyone is interested shoot me an IM and I can give you his phone number. If you wait until closer to Feb. 9th to make a deal, I'll bet he'll come down on the price just to get rid of it.
Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.