VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of the older Touareg owners ('04) have a chance, can you take a look at your rear doors, particularly the top edge, where they meet the chrome strip and see if they seal the same as the front doors?
My front doors sit further "in" the door jamb than the rear doors. Water even comes in one of the rear doors when I drive through the car wash. It's quite obvious if you stand in front of the headlights on either side of the vehicle and look down the edge of the roofline, where the top of the door meets the roof. Just wondering. Wanted to know if this is normal or not.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
Re: (Caribmon71)

you can adjust the doors yourself or take the truck to a good bodyshop. since you managed to install the keyless start button yourself (is that right?), the door alignment procedure should be doable for you.
you will need a bit or socket like this one:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog...l=all
to operate the door bolts. also, get a good breaker bar for that bit and half-meter long tube, which fits onto the bar, to generate enough torque to unclock the bolts (and that is not easy).
if you take your car to a body shop, make sure they use a proper triple square bit or they'll strip the bolts' heads.
p.s. you might check ebay for triple square sockets and bits.

· Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but I already had the dealer do that. All it did was pull the door in further from the rear edge (door handle side). The top is still out of whack. Since the rear of the door now sits further in the door jamb, when you look at the chrome strip, it dips in where the door meets the rear quarter pannel. I gotta get that fixed now if I can ever get them to straighten that door. It doesn't seem to have ever been in a wreck either. Glean carfax and no tell tell signs of body work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.