VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on 20's???

Anyone on vortex rollin on 20's? can they even be fit on an mk4? show some pics if you have any please

·
Registered
745 Posts
Re: Anyone on 20's??? (IcanA4dIt)

Mr. I can afford it.. I'd like to let you know that I've got the lawn chairs and ask if anybody else has the popcorn.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: (Clean PG)

Quote, originally posted by Clean PG »
ok so maybe 99% of the time 20s dont work too well on mk4s. but i bet theres a couple out there that rock them real well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif cus i too would be interested on seeing pics.

Without a doubt. There's that sick Indigo Blue wagon rocking 20's, and he succeeds with flying colors. I'm gonna get a pictorial...

Here we are, 20's looking sick.

Modified by utjrod7 at 4:22 PM 10-29-2007

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Re: (Clean PG)

Quote, originally posted by Clean PG »
ok so maybe 99% of the time 20s dont work too well on mk4s. but i bet theres a couple out there that rock them real well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif cus i too would be interested on seeing pics.

only ones i've seen to pull it off nicely are wagons...

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Nope bought 20's first and thought they looked to big. So I went with 19x9's up front and 19x10's in the back....
But I'm sure somebody has them.

·
Banned
6,229 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

I think they are 20x10???

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: (DubCityVR6)

I've never understood why 19's are PERFECTLY acceptable but 20's are ABSOLUTELY REPREHENSIBLE. (reprehensible = bad). It's only 1". Sure they may not look AS good, (and I'm sure someone will post that pic of the car with the 20" blades next to a caddy), but they don't look TOO bad....it's not like he's wanting to spend 10 grand at Wings West...

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: (shortyjacobs)

Quote, originally posted by shortyjacobs »
I've never understood why 19's are PERFECTLY acceptable but 20's are ABSOLUTELY REPREHENSIBLE.

I wouldn't say that 19's are "perfectly acceptable." Many people on here believe that 19 is too big. But I agree, it's widely held across the Vortex that 20 is just too big. I kind of agree. I don't know why, it's just an inch. But it's like that inch crosses a threshold that is difficult to pull off, very difficult. We've put up some good examples up so far, but I would say it's a very difficult proposition.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts