VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE USING TEC3 (nycvr6)

TecII and Tec3 are very similar as far as tuning and fundamentals. The differences are the 3 has more general Purpose Outputs (GPO's), It has better data acq, and the coil packs are seperate from the ECU. I also believe the On-Fly tuning feature is a little more robust.
I guess what I'm saying is, you'll find generally the same opinions on the II as you will the 3.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE USING TEC3 (TurboA3)

quote:[HR][/HR]JUST LIKE TO SEE IF ANYONE IS USING TEC3 STANDALONE SYSTEM ON A VR6T AND HOW THEY LIKE IT? IS IT PRETTY EASY TO TUNE ? IS IT RELIABLE? A BIG THANK YOU IN ADVANCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![HR][/HR]​
TEC3 is a very nice and usable system. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE USING TEC3 (TurboA3)

I am running a stage 2 eip turbo with stock managment (chip, etc) but plan to do stage3 (spring/summer) which is basically forged pistons and TEC3.
I got a ride in a stage3, Jetta3 they were just finishing, It was absolutly awesome.
The only problem (
) was that the turbo responded so fast the car would light up the wheels even in a fouth gear 50 mph roll on.
It had better driveability than my Jetta4, no drive-by-wire lag.
They said TEC3 is light years beyond TEC2.
It seemed great...do it if you have the $1900. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by RobBlev1, 10:49 PM 2-4-2003]

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE USING TEC3 (RobBlev1)

SEM has TEC III or their race car and is is much better to work with over TEC II, also the reliability is better.
My car will have the TEC III install this week and the tuning will be semi done(no boost) next week. Not till the first week of march will my car see full boost!!! (head tuning guru is on vaction)

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE USING TEC3 (GTI2lo)

We dont have it on a VR6T (I wish we did though), but its a pretty big improvement over the TecII. We are trying to utilize every function (cant go into details
) And c'mon its friggin purple! You cant beat that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.