9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These look like a nice touch
http://vw.oempl.us/product_inf...49fd6

Smoked Mirror Signals
[inp1557] $49.00
Smoked Mirror Signals
Click to enlarge
If you want the blacked out look for your Passat, Golf or Jetta, these lights will do the trick. Manufactured to OEM specs by in.pro, these units replace your factory clear lights in the backs of the mirrors.
Kit includes left and right light with installation instructions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Anyone put in the Smoked Mirror Turnsignals yet? (quailallstar)

I smoked mine with some spray from a can, It worked really good and looks nice. I've had them smoked for about five weeks now and they are still holding up to rain, highway, bugs, etc...

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Mine are on order. vdubshawty ordered from TMT and should have hers very shortly. Anyone who ordered/ is ordering from Rich has a couple week wait ahead of them.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (Todeshandler)

Quote, originally posted by Todeshandler »
Mine are on order.. Not in stock till April 20th

There is also a set on ebay but the guy wants alot more $$

Yeah, I saw those. What a joke.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Re: (dieselgirl)

aight i have em.. but i didnt get any directions to do it. i tried with a friend last night to install em but it didnt work out. there are screws and my mirror caps wouldnt come off... so i was getting pissed. i found some pics online and i am going to see about trying again today so will see.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (vdub_shawty)

Quote, originally posted by vdub_shawty »
aight i have em.. but i didnt get any directions to do it. i tried with a friend last night to install em but it didnt work out. there are screws and my mirror caps wouldnt come off... so i was getting pissed. i found some pics online and i am going to see about trying again today so will see.

To remove the mirror caps, you have to pull out on the thin piece that clips to the base of the mirror in the front. Once that's out, you can get the tips of your fingers under the "nub" part of the mirror cap- the part that covers the swivel base. Just pull up on that and it should release.
Once you do that, you should see the two screws that have to be removed.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

i have the crome mirror caps ive pulled them off before, its just like they are stuck on there....
i emailed the company listed above and aked for instructions so will see.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vdub_shawty »
i have the crome mirror caps ive pulled them off before, its just like they are stuck on there....
i emailed the company listed above and aked for instructions so will see.

Oh, I know. But I also remember reading that a couple friends installed them for you, so I wasn't sure if you were familiar with the method or not.

I figured I'd post the tips. Since I just did this yesterday, it's fresh on my mind.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts

Call 'em and have them come back and remove them again for you.

·
Banned
19,340 Posts
Re: Anyone put in the Smoked Mirror Turnsignals yet? (quailallstar)

How do you remove them? I was trying to remove mine yesterday and it doesn't seem to be moving. Looks like you need to apply some pretty strong force but I didn't want to try it because I don't know how they are supposed to be removed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: Anyone put in the Smoked Mirror Turnsignals yet? (vwboyatl)

what kinda spray did you use? where did you buy it? can you post some pictures?
non blinking picture, and also blinking pictures?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I smoked mine body color, united grey. I mixed the body paint with clear and sprayed a bunch of coats, then did a two part epoxy over it. It will never scratch or chip. It looks perfect, like it came from the factory. I would post pictures but its raining and dark outside. The mirror has to come completly apart to get the lense out. plus the oem lenses are only $26 bucks from the dealer and you can smoke them any color.

Modified by muddyvw at 11:15 PM 4-7-2006

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im gonna order these down the road..they look nice

·
Banned
6,338 Posts
Re: (quailallstar)

We have the smoked mirror signals in stock http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
$49.00 plus shipping
The kit comes with installation instructions but you will have to go by the pictures because the text is in German but the pictures are very helpful. I installed these on my GLI in about 20min http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
We will have these on our site in a few days but if anyone is interested give us a call (845) 986-6220
Thanks

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.