·
Registered
73 Posts
2019 eGolf SE
1,950 miles

KBB - $18,222
Vroom - $22,145
Carvana - couldn’t figure out a value to offer

I did get an estimate from Carvana about 6 months ago for $17,000.

I have had the car for 11 months. Used to be my commuter car. Don’t commute anymore. So off to Vroom.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Sold my '17 Volt with 62k miles to Carvana last week, had it picked up on Friday. Carvana offered $12k, Vroom offered $9.5k.

Carvana was quick and painless, maybe a total of 30 mins screentime from start to finish (if even).

·
Registered
983 Posts
I checked the value of my 2013 Pilot yesterday for kicks, which I was certain I was massively upside down in, and Carvana offered me just a touch over $15K, which was about $700 more than I owe. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.

·
Registered
2015 VW GTI
758 Posts
I sold my 2012 Wrangler with 77k miles to Carvana last week. Appraised it Monday for $15k, they came and picked it up Thursday and I had money direct deposited by 1am Friday morning.

KBB valued it at $10k which was a joke.

Vroom appraised it for $13k which wasn't bad but not what I was looking for.

Carvana was absolutely painless. I'll absolutely do it again if I need to.

·
Registered
19,749 Posts
This is getting dumb.

It looks like my wife will be leaving her teaching job so we might actually unload this thing if it goes up a little more.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Question for you folks.

How does the Carvana process work with a financed vehicle? Their offer is 600 dollars less than what I owe on the car. Do they pay the finance company directly and I need to pay the difference or do they cut me the check and have me take care of the loan payout? Received a pretty fair offer on my car and considering it if it is as painless as everyone says.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Honestly tempted to get rid of my GTI right now. I absolutely love the car, but I'm just not driving it. Just under 2 years into the lease and I'm at 9200 miles! Car is more or less brand new still, but with less driving/work on the table right now, the payment isn't making much sense...

Ran through a couple quotes:

Carvana: $21,600
AutoLendersGo: $22,300
Vroom: $21,400

So tempting! Just have no idea what I would replace it with right now

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Question for you folks.

How does the Carvana process work with a financed vehicle? Their offer is 600 dollars less than what I owe on the car. Do they pay the finance company directly and I need to pay the difference or do they cut me the check and have me take care of the loan payout? Received a pretty fair offer on my car and considering it if it is as painless as everyone says.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Carvana communicates and pays the finance company directly, you would need to provide them the difference before they take possesion of the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
i popped mine into vroom again a week ago, this time i did NOT get a $500 bump 2-3 days later like i did the first time a few weeks back

·
Premium Member
7,826 Posts
I’d never heard of ALGo until this thread. Checked the SS with them for the sake of comparison to Carvana and Vroom.

Their initial pre-Zoom meeting appraisal figure is within a couple hundred bucks of what I paid new, three years ago.

It’s not going anywhere, but still, damn... :screwy:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Recently sold my '13 BRZ (18k miles) to Carvana. Easiest way Ive ever sold a car.

Tried to trade it to the dealership I purchased the TT-S from, they offered $15k.

Carvana offered $18k initially. 5 days later, they offered $18,900 for it. :eek:

The procedure was super painless and they deposited the money in my account before the advisor even left my parking lot.

Its been a couple weeks and I still haven't seen it on their website though. Im curious what its listed for. The car was only $28k new.

I feel like I ripped them off. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Anyone gotten offers from ALgo or Vroom and then asked the other to beat or exceed? Got an offer from ALgo for almost $2,400 more than Vroom, tempted to ask Vroom to beat it, but not sure if thats a time waster.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Anyone gotten offers from ALgo or Vroom and then asked the other to beat or exceed? Got an offer from ALgo for almost $2,400 more than Vroom, tempted to ask Vroom to beat it, but not sure if thats a time waster.
After I sent Shift screen shots of offers from Vroom and Carvana, they agreed to beat both by a few hundred bucks but their offer is subject to a visual inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some more data points

2015 Accord Sport ~80k miles (manual if it makes dif)

Carvana - 11.8k initially, down to 11.5k. Opened new browser in private mode - same options/license plate - 50 bucks more (??)
Vroom - 11.25k
Autolenders - 10.8k
Kbb - 10k

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Carvana was the highest for both my cars.

2019 Jetta S manual with 17000 miles - 14,800.
2016 Jetta GLi DSG with 23000 miles - 17,770.

A VW dealer gave me 14,500 for the Jetta S and 17,600 for the GLi, so I took the painless trade ins as opposed to going the Carvana route. These current used car values are crazy.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts