VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Man, these offers are way too tempting

All quotes for my 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab, long bed, 4x4 are MORE than I paid for it two years ago ($32,500 through Costco). With 24,500 miles on it these are the offers:

Auto Lenders: $35,200
Carvana: $33,201
Vroom: $32,345

They all offered around $17k for the SO's 2018 Renegade as well which neither of us like much. She's on the fence about getting rid of it but the offers are tempting.

The problem is I have no idea what would be next. Stinger GT? Either way, Auto Lenders is doing the virtual appraisal tomorrow morning for the Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Carvanad my 15 Mustang GT Premium 6spd Guard Green.

Paid a tick over 34k for it new in 2015 only put 5460 miles on it and they offered me 30,288. Sent a rep up he came and looked at it but I had to move it since he was not able to drive 3 pedals but he did the walk around said looks good to me and money was in the bank. Sent a rollback up within 3 days and it was gone.

They were calling me every day the car sat in my driveway (since once you final the deal they put the keys in the lockbox and only the rollback driver has the combo to) and were very apologetic and trying to keep up with the cars they were buying.

Really nice people to deal with. Was surprised they shot such a high offer with literally never seeing one picture of the car. Too bad I could not find anything I wanted on the site because it was so easy. NO BS no tire kicking low ballin or the such.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently sold my 07 Jetta to Vroom. It had 162K on it. I took offers from Carvana, Carmax and Vroom. Vroom offer the most at $1100. The process was easy, but took time as I'm in NJ and they are in TX. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Would I do it again, possibly. It's still smarter to shop all offers. The offer is more than I believe I would have gotten on a trade-in, but less than a private sale.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I got bored and hit up carvana about my 2020 Supra with 5k miles. They offered me 48k. Which isn’t bad at all. That’s about how much it would got for on the used market privately.

But then on my MK6 GTI with 145k they offered me 2500. Where carmax offered me 3k.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT / 1994 Miata
1,802 Posts
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T Manual, 34,000 miles.

Carvana - $17,300
Vroom - $20,004
Autolenders - $22,500

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was curious to see the numbers for my car, so submitted my request through Carvana. I had a question about this - My car is leased, and it asked me for lease payout and monthly payment information. Does this potentially affect the offer I would be given?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I was curious to see the numbers for my car, so submitted my request through Carvana. I had a question about this - My car is leased, and it asked me for lease payout and monthly payment information. Does this potentially affect the offer I would be given?
Sounds like they might just try and sell the lease if they are asking that info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, Army Green 6MT. Literally one of the most in-demand modern Toyota trucks.

Carvana offered me: $30,200 :laugh: :banghead:
Vroom: $40,180 :facepalm:

Not sure why these lower trim Tacos are doing so much better than me, but oh well.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T Manual, 34,000 miles.

Carvana - $17,300
Vroom - $20,004
Autolenders - $22,500
Wow, I'd sell that for 22,5k seems like an excellent price.

What's funny is no one "buys" manuals, I had trouble selling both my Accord V6 manual and Si so sold them to Carmax and they offered me what I was asking private sale (almost) :laugh:

This was yrs ago.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, Army Green 6MT. Literally one of the most in-demand modern Toyota trucks.

Carvana offered me: $30,200 :laugh: :banghead:
Vroom: $40,180 :facepalm:

Not sure why these lower trim Tacos are doing so much better than me, but oh well.
Didn't keep that Scooby long eh?

What the hell does that truck sell for new that $40k quick dump for a Tacoma is a bad price?:confused:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Didn't keep that Scooby long eh?

What the hell does that truck sell for new that $40k quick dump for a Tacoma is a bad price?:confused:
It's mostly a bad price because I've seen people in this thread and on TacoWorld getting over MSRP for their 2018 TRD Off-Roads. I paid just over 42 for it, but am mostly just kicking tires to see if I could break even on it like all these other heroic Carvana threads.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shift/Vroom/Carmax/Dealer offers

2017 Jetta GLI
Lease ends Nov 2020
$16,518 payoff amount
2 more payments
41,683 miles
36k miles on original lease
I will purchase more miles $.15/mile vs $.20/mile

Carmax $14,350
KBB $14,447
Vroom $15,340
Shift $15,600

All of the appraisals were done online. I’m hoping when they physically see the car it’s close to what was stated online.

I just want to turn in my lease. I’m trying to minimize driving it. Do I even bother going to the VW dealership?

Thanks!

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,034 Posts
depends if you ahve had it inspected and have any damages on the lease return. If you sell it, you dont have to worry about that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks like you are negative on your lease. Selling at a lost, you still have to pay the leasing company what you owe them - the over mileage and minus the difference what shift/vroom/carma is gonna offer you.

You owe $900 on mileage.. What are your total payments left?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yea, I’m going to owe...oh well.

I have two payments of $406 left.

The car is in pretty good shape. Very minor curb rash and 2 scratches on the drivers side headlight.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Sounds like you owe VW $900 in mileage overages + $812 in payments, $1712 total. Not to mention any lease end fees or wear items that need to be replaced (like tires).

Or, you sell the car immediately to Shift for a $918 loss vs payoff. If shift will pay the online offer full tilt, I'd say sell it to them. They will take the car as-is.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts