VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 2002 GTI 1.8...or a Jetta 1.8.....not yet sure.........also i heard of many people getting a good deal on new Jetta's and GTI's........how much did u pay....... and or feelings about your dealership.

[Modified by GTI dont know, 2:36 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (phatplat)

i think it is spelled farrish. they will sell you a car for about $400 over invoice. everyone else wants about $1000 over(i can't blame them though, the cars are easily worth it)!

[Modified by windsorblue, 7:27 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (GTI dont know)

i went to fairfax volvo last month, got a 2001 for invoice. but i know people working there. anyways i dont think ide recomend this dealership beacuse after you buy their car they tur into d!ck$

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (jstover)

Thanks for the replies........yeah i heard to stay away from Tysons...........Im going to try Farrish........today.......and i got some friends in Fredricks so i will get them to check that out.........thanx for the info.........

[Modified by GTI dont know, 11:29 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (jstover)

Funny, I just bought my 02 GTI at Stohlman in Tysons and got the best service ever. I paid $700 under MSRP. They were great. I recommend them.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (nickmo)

I also haven't had any problems w/ Stohlman. I won't recommend them vs. not recomend them, but based on MY experiences, they're pretty good. The dealer let me take a long SOLO test drive, I paid 2 or 3% over invoice, and no other problems. I moved to alexandria shortly after I got my 01 Jetta, and have been taking it to VW Alexandria for it's first 2 services. Again, I haven't had any bad experiences w/ them either. I don't know how their sales dept is.

·
Registered
2019 Pajero Sport and 1999 100 series LC
12,536 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (GTI dont know)

Matens in DC. I paid $500 over invoice. Delt with Troy. Good guy drives a VR6 Golf
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (Roverdude)

I would recommend Stohlman. Talk to a salesman named "Boune" pronounced "Boon." I got my 2001 WE in August 2001 for $17,100 total, out the door price, including everything (tax,delevery,prep,etc.) Also got book value for my beatup trade-in. I was very happy with their deal.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (infojan)

as far as service, hit up Karen Radley in Woodbrige. Can't go wrong, techs are a bunch of car junkies from dubs, hondas, acuras. just check where the employees park.
they've been great. as with any dealership, be prepared to negotiate. their service over the last year on a variety of stuff has been comforting to say the least, especially if you plan to mod your car.
Springfield VW - don't bother

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (Mars Noble)

Went to Woodbridge checked out Springfield.......yeah big mistake........now on to the others......is 19.3 a good price thats the best i have so far......for a GTI

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (Mars Noble)

quote:[HR][/HR]as far as service, hit up Karen Radley in Woodbrige. Can't go wrong, techs are a bunch of car junkies from dubs, hondas, acuras. just check where the employees park.
they've been great. as with any dealership, be prepared to negotiate. their service over the last year on a variety of stuff has been comforting to say the least, especially if you plan to mod your car.
Springfield VW - don't bother[HR][/HR]​
Radley always seems to have great used cars for sale, acuras and vws. Recently they had two ITRs for good prices, and IIRC they seem to have a lot of used VWs for good prices too.
Stohlman is good about test drives. I've been there a few times and, unlike places like Miller in Winchester, they let you take a car out on your own for as long as you want.

[Modified by KonigGTI, 8:28 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (CBJ)

quote:[HR][/HR]Matens in DC. I paid $500 over invoice. Delt with Troy. Good guy drives a VR6 Golf
Cheers
Chris[HR][/HR]​
Troy's the man at Martens...had him set me up with a 2002 Passat but then
realized now's not a good time to buy.
Chris..thought it was a green VR6 Jetta. btw, he didn't sell you a red Jetta VR6
did he?

[Modified by VAVentoGLX, 12:52 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (VAVentoGLX)

I went with Stohlman's and was fine. The salesman did try to leave me alone at his desk while he "checked with the manager" when he'd actually go make photocopies, but I would just get up and start walking toward the door.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (DCdave)

I bought my New Beetle at Stohlman's and was happy. I bought the first one they sold (Mar 98), and they charged me MSRP and no BS, when others were paying huge premiums to get them.
I also bought a used car from them, too.
Service has been OK... not great, but not sub-par, either. Buy parts at Fairfax, though. Stohlman rips you off at the parts counter.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Re: Anyone recommend any good dealerships in Northern VA (WasteOfSpace)

I am happy with the service dept. at Fairfax VA http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Had bad service and sales experiences at Springfield VA http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.