VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dark Violet Pearl DSG Spektrum Golf R
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace the fender amp on my NAR 2021 gti which has the MIB3 with an aftermarket amp and recoding to eliminate the fender and instead use the audio out behind the head unit in the glove box. None of the settings people have listed for past head units seem to be present and I have seen some unique coding for people in europe with transporters and MIB3 where they replaced speakers. Have found nothing for amp replacement. Hoping someone may have done this on a mk8 gti or golf r and can guide me on the correct settings. I want to keep the fader control too and think I found that setting on YouTube.

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn
22 Posts
Well have you looked at idatalink maestro? They have a harness that plugs into the factory amp plug. From what I've seen you would then have high signal to do as you please.

·
Registered
2019 Dark Violet Pearl DSG Spektrum Golf R
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well have you looked at idatalink maestro? They have a harness that plugs into the factory amp plug. From what I've seen you would then have high signal to do as you please.
I actually bought on in the hopes it would work since it is cheap. I have been working with them, they have a beta firmware for up to 2019 Jetta. I tested that firmware out and nothing. Doesn't even light up. The 2021 GTI seems to be an anomaly. It is the only mk7 generation with an amp, but no MOST. On the amp is just the long connector that has the amp turn on and all the speaker connectors, no most in it. Also, no one has found a way to retrofit the AID either since no most some speculate that it is a mix of Mk7.5 styling with some electronics from the Mk8 and uses can fd. May not matter for long, I am looking at 2019 Golf Rs and I know at a minimum I can use the nav tv unit to extract the most signal.

Also, I think I found what I need to do to do this. In adaptations there are a bunch of channels in infotainment that are disabled. Just need to find which ones turn on the front left and right in the head unit connector. May figure this out through trial and error

1 - 3 of 3 Posts