VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replaced the 8V airbox with a 16V Scirocco airbox???
Same size & shape, but the intake hole is a hell of a lot bigger. Saw it on badhabbitrabbit.com. Has anyone done this???? I'm guessing it'll improve the air flow without punching holes in the airbox, but haven't met anyone who's actually done it.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Re: Anyone replaced the 8V airbox with a 16V Scirocco airbox??? (FlyRoccoFly)

I've done it...I didn't notice anything great, but that's basically the only engine mod I have. I thought it was going faster, but then I decided it was only cuz there was no gas in the car (making it lighter and therefore faster than with a full tank).

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Re: Anyone replaced the 8V airbox with a 16V Scirocco airbox??? (RoccoRacer)

you can perform the same thing by simplyu drilling 2 x 1.5" holes directly opposite the air intake tube in the box wall, keels poop from flying in, and permits the engine to breath alittle better, with an Audi5K TB mod, you can feel the pickup on the line...

[Modified by ATS, 12:00 AM 9-30-2002]

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Oh man, I can't believe you have not done this yet! Performance you ask? I told you two weeks ago at BAM that it will provide a measurable 0.0000324 HP gain

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone replaced the 8V airbox with a 16V Scirocco airbox??? (Austrian Beauty)

WTF.....Darek, that you??? No haven't done it yet. I've spent too much money on parts that I haven't used; hence the question.....
Besides, ME need a new suspension first & have 0 $.

The whole plan is as follows....
1. Larger 16V air box
2. Larger Audi 5K or A2 throttle body with ported monifold
3. Fuel filter clamp from a Golf....... allows larger fuel filter = better fuel flow
More fuel & air means more Zoom right?

I've read questionable things about poking holes in the airbox, so I'm looking for an alternative.

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jguru/vw/airbox.html http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
If the whole $$$ thing doesn't shape up soon.....may have to sell her

[Modified by FlyRoccoFly, 2:26 AM 10-1-2002]

·
Registered
9,386 Posts

Larger fuel filter more flow? Good idea, but for the flow your using it is a waste of money. If your filter is not flowing enough fuel for your engine then it is plugged and should be replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.