VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (charles bronson)

i think Dub Oddity is running them right now...maybe he'll chime in soon

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (lab_rat)

All 1993 CLs had them i think, but by 1994 they were gone. Here is a pic from a local online classified ad I just found.

I really like the textured tops http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (lab_rat)

quote:[HR][/HR]i think Dub Oddity is running them right now...maybe he'll chime in soon[HR][/HR]​
He's running european bumpers, not 1993 CL textured bumpers. FYI. In a previous post where these pics came from, he said he was running them CL-style, but european CL style where the whole bumpers is unpainted ABS plastic.

And, just so you all know...the CL bumpers are extremely difficult to source now. I know Potter has found some batches from Mexico but some of them were bad batches with damage to the textured part. Or he can only find fronts or rears.

[Modified by DomozitoLK, 12:52 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]ah, i've got the sidetrim already...and well, i need to get my cl's that are on their way painted up mulberry.[HR][/HR]​
thats funny, cause i've got the side trim and flares but no bumpers on my mulberry as well

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (vwventovr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Question - Where there any NA Jetta's in 93 with textured bumpers?
Will the euro fender flairs fit or are they different?[HR][/HR]​
the euro fender flares need the euro trim as well in order to look right. and no NA cars had textured bumpers from the factory.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (DomozitoLK)

quote:[HR][/HR]i think Dub Oddity is running them right now...maybe he'll chime in soon
He's running european bumpers, not 1993 CL textured bumpers. FYI. In a previous post where these pics came from, he said he was running them CL-style, but european CL style where the whole bumpers is unpainted ABS plastic.[HR][/HR]​
thanks for clearing that one up for mehttp://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif...i misunderstood his post
let us know how the CL bumpers fit for you charles

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (vwventovr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Question - Where there any NA Jetta's in 93 with textured bumpers?[HR][/HR]​
Yes, there were the NA textured Jetta bumpers too. A friend of ours from VW COLA Northern Cal ran them on his Jetta....until it was totalled. He also go them from Potter. I'll try and dig put some pics of that. I know I saved them somewhere. that was something you didn't see everyday.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (farfrummugen)

quote:[HR][/HR] and no NA cars had textured bumpers from the factory.[HR][/HR]​
That's not true as that's what this whole posting is all about...North American textured top bumpers, which were available in 1993 in Canada and Mexico.
Here's Mike Potter's 4-door with CL N/A bumpers right here...I will dig out my friend Gary's Jetta N/A bumpers too:

...here is a pic of Gary's N/A textured bumpers...but I know there is a higher rez image floating around somewhere. But until then:

[Modified by DomozitoLK, 12:21 AM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (4NRYDE)

quote:[HR][/HR]i didnt know they made em for jetta's.... thought that was a CL one on the jett...
[HR][/HR]​
I didn't know either...but I saw it in real life. It must've been...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

well mine are a used set from rpi that they took off one of their project cars, but their mint and i got a pretty good deal for the pair. all that's left now for aestetics are the '95 glx wheels....but i'm also contemplating a euro non-vr6 chin spoiler for the cl's. but i don't wanna go euro because my car is an NA. so i dunno what to do about this situation...i think i may just stick with the normal NA chin, besides i scrape my chin constantly as it is.

[Modified by charles bronson, 2:32 AM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

I'll agree that the CL bumpers look better than the smooth top stockies, but the euros are much nicer. No marker light and they are stubbier...very sexy.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: anyone sporting '93 canadian cl textured NA bumpers? (K-Fresh)

na, the euro bumpers are totally lame if you don't do the euro fenders. what car comes without side markers that doesn't have wrap around headlights? besides, last i checked our gti/golf doesn't have a euro spec rear hatch either...ohhh and the car was assembled in mexico!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
He's running european bumpers, not 1993 CL textured bumpers. FYI. In a previous post where these pics came from, he said he was running them CL-style, but european CL style where the whole bumpers is unpainted ABS plastic.

And, just so you all know...the CL bumpers are extremely difficult to source now. I know Potter has found some batches from Mexico but some of them were bad batches with damage to the textured part. Or he can only find fronts or rears.[HR][/HR]​
Now, if you look closely you can see the whole bumper is textured and they are CL bumpers from Germany. And as far as sourcing the bumpers I've got like 10 sets sitting in the back.
-Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.