VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this isnt like a HUGE DEAL but to all that have done this swap i have a question! I did this swap several months ago, since then i have not had reverse lights or cruise control, the reverse lights are the biggest deal to me but both would be great to have working again! if you remember what wires you spliced to get either working please do tell, i dont have a Bentley book to help me
all help is appreciated!

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Mossman)

I have actually thought about that, but i would like to save myself from running wires all over the place and i figured there has to be somewhere in the dash where the old harness was that i can tap into the reverse lights.. and the cruise.... anyone with a bentley that could help a fellow V-Dubber out?

· Registered
34,206 Posts
Re: (PDXJettaBoy)

Quote, originally posted by PDXJettaBoy »
.... anyone with a bentley that could help a fellow V-Dubber out?

At this point you're better off investing a small bit of cash and getting your own Bentley. You could have had things tracked down and fixed already.
Better yet, you could have looked at the wiring harnesses before you ever took the auto out and found which wires are for the reverse. That way, you wouldn't have cut them out of the harness in the first place. Do you have the proper switch and connector, or was that flung aside at some point?
Haste makes waste, and it sounds like you were a little anxious to get the auto out.
That said, the Bentley shows a black/red wire and a black/grey wire leading to and from the switch.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (DonL)

thanks for your input... i will check the wires. i was a bit anxious to get the auto out considering my car wouldnt move at that point and honestly i just havent had the extra $60 for a Bentley, just trying to keep this damn money pit going!!

again thanks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.