VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Sat/Sun..early preferred (FightOnUSC)

up to canyon lake perhaps? I may be interested. I have the shorty this weekend so it will be the boys rollin. If I dont sell thw Harlequin we will sport that if you dont mind an 8V

·
Registered
469 Posts
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Sat/Sun..early preferred (FightOnUSC)

I can do it either Saturday or Sunday morning. Just don't know where to go! Canyon Lake sound good...never been there! I moved here a little under two years ago and still have yet to tour the area quite yet. I'm up for the get down! Just let me know the details.

·
Registered
25,386 Posts
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Sat/Sun..early preferred (gtiup03)

Quote, originally posted by gtiup03 »
I can do it either Saturday or Sunday morning. Just don't know where to go! Canyon Lake sound good...never been there! I moved here a little under two years ago and still have yet to tour the area quite yet.

you'll be blown away by the scenery so close to the city! enjoy the twisties, the stretch near the end with a couple of straight aways, you can haul some serious ass there. don't get too stupid.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Sat/Sun..early preferred (VR6inAZ)

Quote, originally posted by VR6inAZ »

you'll be blown away by the scenery so close to the city! enjoy the twisties, the stretch near the end with a couple of straight aways, you can haul some serious ass there. don't get too stupid.

That sounds awsome!...so who all is in and can you recommend a good place to hook up at?..Saturday am sound good around 7 to 8am?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Anyone up for a drive this Sat/Sun..early preferred (muttonchops)

I don't think so..I am thinking Saturday..7-8am...I will let you locals decide where its best to hook up at..I am coming from Chandler...how far it is from here?...

·
Registered
469 Posts
alright...time to take charge. Im coming from Phoenix so I'll be heading from the 202 to the 101 to the 60. Lets meet at some fast food joint or coffee shop easily off the 60 then we'll head out. What is the easiest place for everyone to meet. The exit we need to take off the 60 is 196 (Idaho Rd) which takes us to Route 88 to Canyon Lake. I know there is a McDonalds and Starbucks off of Ellsworth. I think that might be a good meeting place. Take the Ellsworth exit off of the 60 go straight through the lights at Baseline and there is a Albertsons/McDonalds/Starbucks. Lets meet there at 8:00 AM and then we can go from there!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (gtiup03)

Quote, originally posted by gtiup03 »
alright...time to take charge. Im coming from Phoenix so I'll be heading from the 202 to the 101 to the 60. Lets meet at some fast food joint or coffee shop easily off the 60 then we'll head out. What is the easiest place for everyone to meet. The exit we need to take off the 60 is 196 (Idaho Rd) which takes us to Route 88 to Canyon Lake. I know there is a McDonalds and Starbucks off of Ellsworth. I think that might be a good meeting place. Take the Ellsworth exit off of the 60 go straight through the lights at Baseline and there is a Albertsons/McDonalds/Starbucks. Lets meet there at 8:00 AM and then we can go from there!

Perfect..that works for me...Saturday 8am for the Canyon Lake Run...Is the the starbux you are referring to?
http://www.starbucks.com/retai...nt.NA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.