VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lease on my current ride is running out and I am looking for my next one. I thought for sure I would wait for a Lagoon Blue 24v GLI (not even sure if I could get that color) but I saw a new A4 at the dealer and kind of fell in love.
Has anyone made the change? Thinking of it? Driven both? Stock vs. Stock. The dealer here doesn't have a 1.8T sport manual so I haven't been able to compare. I am not a speed demon but I do love the acceleration (and sound) of the VR6. I am a little concerned that the 1.8T will be disappointing considering it is a heavier car although the whole package might be overall better than the new GLI.
Thanks for the opinions.
Cheers

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Anyone upgraded from Jetta VR6 to 2002 A4 1.8T? (Chaos)

I took a 1998 2.8 Quatro sport 5 speed out before I purchased my gti. Ride was better in the quatro. But the benfits of the GTI was better. Price, performance, gase mileage, utility, cost of ownership. Also the day I went to get my GIAC installed at "PES" in NJ, their was a guy there complaining about the lag in his 1.8T 2001 with the 180HP 5 speed sport package. Never heard that from any VR6 owner. Bottom line for me was price. I did not feel the $10K difference nor did I have the 10K. I also did not lease, but to each is own. I do a lot of mods.

[Modified by skills, 9:55 AM 11-26-2001]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts