VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Re: Anyone use Skunk2 or Ground Control coilovers? (SuckaFree)

no one here will suggest them. they are no where near as good as a true 1 piece coilover. if you are budgeted, but insist on a coilover, get FKs. they are like $800 USD or so

·
Registered
639 Posts

I have ground controls with billstein struts. Its lowered close to 3" and it rides great. I bought these about three yrs ago and have no complaints. As A.G. stated, for the price of the ground controls and a good strut, FKs or something similar might be more afforable. IIRC I paid around 400 for the coils and a little over 400 for the struts, this was before I knew about FK's...etc.....and the Vortex.

Brandon

[Modified by PZWOvento, 2:10 PM 4-5-2002]

[Modified by PZWOvento, 2:12 PM 4-5-2002]

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone use Skunk2 or Ground Control coilovers? (ILJM-VR6)

well i found and offer to get the skunk2s for 200 but with no shocks. i was thinkin on some koni adj. so im thinkin this should be a good deal.
i dont feel right spending 1000 or close to it for coils, that will eventually give way driving in nyc, and rhode island.
keep the suggestions coming, thanks again.

·
Registered
179 Posts

i have the ground-controls on the rear of my car combined with bilstein sports and i have no complaints. I used to have them in front, but they didn't lower my VR any more than my eibach sportlines. If I can do it over again----and i might
---i'd get the fks or hr ultra lows. that's just my opinion...
Patrick

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: Anyone use Skunk2 or Ground Control coilovers? (green 2.0 golf iii)

I run Ground Controls and Bilstein Sports. The ride is good but to get any adjustabilty you have to cut the front perch off the struts. I would never pay full price for sleeve coilovers and new struts. As was said, that is the same price as FK or Weitec full threaded body coilovers.
Most people damn them straight off b/c they tend to cater to the Honda crowd. Good quality products overall. - Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.