VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: anyone wanan trade cars????!?!? (lilasswang)

wasup doood!< car is a 2000 GTI vr6, flash red, 19700 miles, mods consist of everything. except for some motor, basic intake and exhaust. i wanna swap all my mods from my car. heres a pic
i really really hope ur car is a flash red also please please!!!!!!!! im also still thinking, about it, don kno yet, just wondering

[Modified by ronny5, 12:32 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Re: anyone wanan trade cars????!?!? (ronny5)

quote:[HR][/HR]wasup doood!< car is a 2000 GTI vr6, flash red, 19700 miles, mods consist of everything. except for some motor, basic intake and exhaust. i wanna swap all my mods from my car. heres a pic
i really really hope ur car is a flash red also please please!!!!!!!! im also still thinking, about it, don kno yet, just wondering

[Modified by ronny5, 12:32 PM 11-26-2001][HR][/HR]​
I want a 1.8t too!!!

·
Banned
8,951 Posts
Re: anyone wanan trade cars????!?!? (JettaIzBetta)

Dude I feel where Ronny is coming from. I saw a 300zx TT take off th other night and there is nothing more in the entire world that I want right now than to be able to stomp the holy $hit out of him and every other expensive a$$ factory performance car.

·
Registered
22,003 Posts
Re: anyone wanan trade cars????!?!? (I_Fly_GTi)

and a worked 1.8T could beat it..? see if i wanted to go as fast as a 300zx i would have gotten a Supra, Rx-7 or 300zx.. those cars are worried about going 10 seconds not 13

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Re: anyone wanan trade cars????!?!? (DuckyGTI)

I think it is because the 1.8T has a lot more tuning potential then the VR6. Yes you can turbo a VR6 but you still need to prep the motor for it. Then there is the problem of when you need to have your car smogged. A VR6 with a turbo will not pass smog.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: anyone wanan trade cars????!?!? (I_Fly_GTi)

You have a long way to go. That old 300ZX TT is a solid 13-second car. Non-Z06 Corvettes are running 12s right off the showroom floor, a friggin' truck (Ford Lightning) runs 12s with $1000 thrown at it and the Z28s, Cobras and Mustang GTs aren't far behind. It used to be a 13 second street car was fast, now it's just borderline quick. The performance bar has been raised substantially.
The good news is that the aftermarket has also changed for the better. A 300HP four banger is old news. Do you guys realize that Ford was making 205HP 4-bangers in 1985? These motors are a dime a dozen now. I practically had to give mine away.
I'm waiting to see the EVO VII and a real WRX make it here myself...
Kale

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.