VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
24,124 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (sisiisis)

Nice car... but I wouldn't have put the Type R badges on it, personally.

· Registered
4,433 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (cougar)

Quote, originally posted by cougar »
Nice car... but I wouldn't have put the Type R badges on it, personally.

yeah what i was thinkign ... i mean debadge / desticker the thing and it looks like your run-of-the-mill ep3 civic heh heh ...

· Registered
35,288 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (sisiisis)

interesting. just sway bars, lowering spring, and braces? he went a little cheap on the suspension if all that stuff is riding on stock Honda "marshmallow" shocks. it's also going to take more than "Razo titanium/steel mesh pedals" and "Deep tinted windows" to stop you from high speed.
two words:
bad idea
obin

· Registered
26,635 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (BlueyedBoi69)

I like it, but I'm a little surprised they'd run it on stock dampers and brakes. Or did I miss the brake upgrade that is going to haul 250hp down from speed?

· Registered
35,288 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (SeattleGLI)

Quote, originally posted by SeattleGLI »
I like it, but I'm a little surprised they'd run it on stock dampers and brakes. Or did I miss the brake upgrade that is going to haul 250hp down from speed?

i didn't miss it, you didn't miss it.
but whoever tries to stop that car and steer around a deer at 100mph is REALLY going to miss it!
obin

· Registered
9,483 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (SeattleGLI)

Quote, originally posted by SeattleGLI »
man, that's horrible. another bouncy civic. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
16,120 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (Obin Robinson)

Quote, originally posted by Obin Robinson »

i didn't miss it, you didn't miss it.
but whoever tries to stop that car and steer around a deer at 100mph is REALLY going to miss it!
obin

why, because 100mph with this motor is different than 100mph when the car was stock?

· Registered
35,288 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (John A)

Quote, originally posted by John A »

why, because 100mph with this motor is different than 100mph when the car was stock?

it's going to be a lot easier to get to and why bother putting that sort of motor in a car if you're going to be moving around the country club parking lot at 5rpm above idle.
if that car had a roll cage and a stripped interior then it would be obvious it was a race car. but with just a more powerful motor and everything set up for straight line acceleration... it's just a BAD IDEA.
the brakes on your car are designed to stop your car in the configuration that it left the factory in. few cars out there have oversized brakes that are designed to stop the car when you double the horsepower. i've only owned ONE car with rediculously oversized brakes (924 w/M471) and after that car, the brakes on every other vehicle seem barely adequate.
if this was a car that took 40 seconds to get to 50mph, then those brakes would be fine because you'd know that it wasn't a fast car. but when all of a sudden that next corner is flying up to you quicker than ever before, you better have a good way of keeping yourself out of a wooden box.
obin

· Registered
2013 Audi TT RS; 2017 Audi S6
7,355 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (purplejettahondaeater)

Quote, originally posted by purplejettahondaeater »
am i the only person who think it looks hot?

yep.. looks like ass
Talk about talking a bath on this one.. Probably at least 10K in extra crap.

· Registered
6,142 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (caj1)

Nice car i like it...iono why u guys put it down...maybe he didnt have enuff money for brake and other suspension upgrades...look at those cheap (but light and sweet) rota wheels....if he got a type s turbo...thats like a type R with turbo anyway since a type R uses the type S rsx engine....if he kept it instead of sell it he might have fix da brakes and suspension...it's a clean car...not rice at all

· Registered
2021 CX-5 Turbo
8,705 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (Obin Robinson)

Quote, originally posted by Obin Robinson »

i dont get why people do this. civics, and most especially this Si, were built to handle well rather than be a powerful tire-burning monster. hell, i would love to buy it had only some tokiyos, KYB's, some coilovers and some springs added to it. with a stock motor and just a modded suspension, who wouldnt want to thrash around in this car? you'd get all the power the car makes to the road for cripes' sake.
but instead he added it all where it DID'NT count at all! he's now got a nose-heavy car with soon to be fryed brakes, and those front suspension bars aint going to do crap.

· Registered
35,288 Posts
Re: Anyone wanna buy a really quick Civic SI? (87GolfKart)

Quote, originally posted by 87GolfKart »
Nice car i like it...iono why u guys put it down...maybe he didnt have enuff money for brake and other suspension upgrades...look at those cheap (but light and sweet) rota wheels....if he got a type s turbo...thats like a type R with turbo anyway since a type R uses the type S rsx engine....if he kept it instead of sell it he might have fix da brakes and suspension...it's a clean car...not rice at all

i'm not saying it's a bad car, and i think the engine is awesome indeed! the only thing i'm saying is that some of the cash that went into "show" should have gone into the brakes and suspension. i also think the body looks ok, the ground effects are not my cup of tea, but i don't think it looks bad either.
obin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.