VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,371 Posts
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (virgilsg60)

Haven't you heard?
No more group buys allowed, unless the supplier is a VWVortex advertiser.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (joeZX6)

I do believe BBM is an advertiser here
I saw a list somewhere. Ill have to find it and double check.

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,371 Posts
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (CorradoVR6)

Ryan, since you have acknowledged this thread, would you mind addressing the following.
Under the new Group Buy policies. How would a discount on a G60 Rebuild by BBM, Grueven or Kompressor Canada be looked at.
To me it seems like such a small target audience and you wouldn't exactly be buying a product just a service to something you already own.
Would this be allowed?
Thanks for any input. I was going to post it in the appropriate thread, but since it is 7 pages long and slightly heated, I thought better of it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (awsumG60)

i am going to need mounts sooner or later. the stocks seem to wear really quickly. i could be in for a gb. are we talking engine and tranny or just engine? my tranny mounts seem to wear quickly as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Do you need to change the whole mounts or just the bushings to get satisfactory results?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (anolley)

I think I understand the new rules; sorry about the potential transgression. I know nothing about organizing one of these, anyone interested yet?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (90 GT-G60)

Eric, I didn't see any of those companies listed in the marketplace directory or as a banner advertiser. In case my old eyes missed it, then a group by organized thru any company listed as outlined in the doc I linked to would be ok, were it held in the Corrado Classifieds forum. As it stands now though I don't think any of the three you listed are eligible. I don't think there's any real difference if a group buy gets you a discount on a service (which includes new parts) or a part itself. If you have further questions I'd recommend contact George ([email protected]).

Banner Advertisers – Those companies whose banners are in rotation on the VWvortex discussion forums and are displayed throughout VWvortex on the editorial side of the site. These advertisers are eligible for Group Buys and eligible to cross post to other forums.
Current Banner Advertisers Can Be Found Here... http://www.vwvortex.com/about/ad2.html
Group Buy Level Directory Advertisers – Those entities whose ads in the Directory are the top advertising level and show as a Group Buy Enabled in their Directory listing in red. These advertisers may initiate Group Buys as commercial entities, or support Group Buys initiated by users, though they cannot cross post to other forums and must follow posting rules listed above.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Re: anyone want to start a group buy on motor mounts? (CorradoVR6)

Well I could do the GB under my business login, if we have enough people. I would recommend using Paypal so that within 15 days, if there are enough people, the buy goes though. Otherwise I would just cancel all the payments, and no one would lose any money.
What do you think?
Bryan

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

Well?? I see 4 maybe 5 people so far. What type of discount for how many? I guess I can try and call John tomorow (well, today now) and get more specifics. If it sounds good, I can move it to the classified.
And no, I'm not in the banner ad list, but I did pay the extra to be able to do the BG's with the directory ad. Might as well use it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts