VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way off topic, but worth a try

I just need to re-pave my driveway, they are in poor condition. I made a few phone calls, and the quotes range I got is pretty big.
Thanks!

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Re: Anyone with hookup on driveway paving? (Audi eh4 CDN ED)

Quote, originally posted by Audi eh4 CDN ED »
I hear if you stop the Gazola paving or York paving while they are in your 'hood they will do it for cheap.

what... you mean hijack the trucks paving the city roads and ask them to do your driveway? are you serious?

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Re: Anyone with hookup on driveway paving? (actng)

Quote, originally posted by actng »

what... you mean hijack the trucks paving the city roads and ask them to do your driveway? are you serious?

yes if they have leftover asphalt they will do it

· Registered
2,175 Posts
Re: Anyone with hookup on driveway paving? (SickVR)

Quote, originally posted by SickVR »

yes if they have leftover asphalt they will do it

My neighbour works for the town and a whole bunch of us did this. It's true - it REALLY Works.
Otherwise, you will see many a paving company in yer neighbourhood im sure - go up and ask to speak with the foreman - if they have enough (usually carry extra asphalt - or plan to do more the 1 job a day in areas) - he will cut a CASH deal with you.
I had mine done - it hold 8 cars in the driveway - 2 rows of 4 - can open the doors on all cars - nothin hits. Cost us $950 from a company who was doing another one - around the corner.

Good Luck.
otherwise, if you need the company's name and number i dealt with (he's in toronto -based that is) and paves from MTL to Niagara - who'ever's paying he claims, IM Me, i have it infront of me.

· Banned
749 Posts
Re: Anyone with hookup on driveway paving? (chaoticvr6)

Quote, originally posted by chaoticvr6 »

if they have enough (usually carry extra asphalt - or plan to do more the 1 job a day in areas) - he will cut a CASH deal with you.

don't you watch Soprano's? they always have 'waste' or 'extra'

When I did a landscape job for my house about 12 years ago, I asked for 1 ton of gravel ( only needing half ton ) the truck showed up with 1 ton. I told the driver are you kidding, what am I going to do with one ton, driver said you ordered it.
I told him I thought by the time you get here, you would have "lost" half ton, he laughed.
I had extra mountain of gravel on my driveway with sign please take what you need free.

They only LOSE quantity when doing work for city jobs. Now I know the secrets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.