VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket HID system, that will fit my Jetta, but my problem is the DRL's. If I can find a way to get them(lights) to turn on when I want, then I can install my HID's.... Other than that, I may have to install them on my Wife's '02 Mustang GT.
That's not exactly what I want to do.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Anyway to turn off the DRL's? (Schnell GTI)

I don't have the smaller city lights in my housing. Just the fogs, signal, and headlamps. The DIY has a write up on making the city ligts the DRLs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyway to turn off the DRL's? (samc)

Wow. I didn't realize there were so many threads regarding the DRL's! Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Re: Anyway to turn off the DRL's? (LuisF)

welcome to the tex!
Remember to use the search button.
"Your search for DRL returned 371 results."

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: Anyway to turn off the DRL's? (LuisF)

Quote, originally posted by LuisF »
I have an aftermarket HID system, that will fit my Jetta, but my problem is the DRL's. If I can find a way to get them(lights) to turn on when I want, then I can install my HID's.... Other than that, I may have to install them on my Wife's '02 Mustang GT.
That's not exactly what I want to do.

I just pulled the fuse for them, it also disables the parking brake warning light and audible sound. But who care about that! Plus you can always put the fuse back in if you sell the car at any point without having to bend any pins on your light switch. Cheers

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Re: Anyway to turn off the DRL's? (SilverGTi01)

Quote, originally posted by SilverGTi01 »

I just pulled the fuse for them, it also disables the parking brake warning light and audible sound. But who care about that! Plus you can always put the fuse back in if you sell the car at any point without having to bend any pins on your light switch. Cheers

or you can just put a piece of electrical tape over the pin.... can be removed at no problem... Plus it only affects your DRL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts