VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2011 Jetta 2.0L at the beginning of the week and it needs a little work. I assumed I'd be able to get a Haynes manual like I have for every other car I've owned but it looks like the Haynes/Chilton manuals exclude the 2011 Jetta 2.0L model. I've searched for official service manuals and all I've been able to come up with are sketchy websites that promise to send you the real PDF for anywhere between $5 and $70.

Is there a service manual out there for this model?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, that was well worth it. It only took around half an hour to get all of the maintenance/repair manuals and then another couple of hours to get all of the technical tips and dealer add-on directions. I may not need the last two sets of documents, but I figured I'd get them anyway as long as I'd paid for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also bought 2012 mk6 jetta 2.0l NA last year and it is giving me hard times with P2178 code. I already replaced front O2 sensor, MAP, EVAP purge valve, Ignition coils, its wires and spark plugs but no joy :banghead:. If you can share your downloaded manuals that will help, thanks !

·
Registered
457 Posts
Using the wrong fuel filter can cause P2178. The fuel pressure regulators are built into them. There are filters that will fit mechanically but have too high a pressure regulation that will create a rich condition. The correct filter will have "4.0 BAR" stamped on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Optiker, I believe you are bang on :thumbup: After your post, took a pic underneath the car to check and yes I have installed 6 BAR fuel pressure fuel filter instead of 4. Now I am thinking why didn't I reach for help earlier and spent all that money on other components. Anyway, will order the correct one from RockAuto and will post the results.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Using the wrong fuel filter can cause P2178. The fuel pressure regulators are built into them. There are filters that will fit mechanically but have too high a pressure regulation that will create a rich condition. The correct filter will have "4.0 BAR" stamped on it.
It is third week with filter replaced and without code. Thanks again @Optiker :peace:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got a 2011 Jetta 2.0L at the beginning of the week and it needs a little work. I assumed I'd be able to get a Haynes manual like I have for every other car I've owned but it looks like the Haynes/Chilton manuals exclude the 2011 Jetta 2.0L model. I've searched for official service manuals and all I've been able to come up with are sketchy websites that promise to send you the real PDF for anywhere between $5 and $70.

Is there a service manual out there for this model?
I've purchased factory service manuals for 2 VWs from: https://www.factory-manuals.com/volkswagen-jetta&32&201

I was leary the first time because they say the manual will be available for download in about 24 hrs. The 1st time within a few hours, the 2nd time by the next morning I received a link and was able to download a genuine VW manual in pdf format. Each page is watermarked with VW logo, special VW tool numbers are indicated when applicable, bolt torque specs, etc. Expanded versions include electrical, fuse assignments, current flow diagrams - tons of factory service updates. They are not a time limited deal for a day, month etc - you own the pdf. The files are thousands of pages and you have to get accustomed to how things are found, but they are the real deal.

I bought one for my '12 Passat and '17 Jetta both included complete wiring diagrams. 'Deluxe' versions are available for some cars, which include owners manuals, infotainment system manuals etc. I was able to get in touch with their customer service easily and they told me the exact differences in the files available for my car each time. They aren't cheap, the basic manual was $70 for my Jetta, then the expanded version was a little over $100 but if you do all your own work like I do, IMHO it's not bad considering the usage you'll get out of it over the life of the car.

Let us know what you think if you get one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds like a compiled version of the documents I got from erWin. These all have a VW watermark, say what models they apply to on the first page, and have the VW part numbers and torque specs for various fasteners. They also come with factory service updates. I've been a little disappointed with the level of detail in these. Today I took off my brake calipers and wanted to see what size Torx bit I needed for the two bolts on the back of each caliper. The repair manual had torque specs for the bolts, and it said they were Torx, but there was no mention of what size they were. I had to go to 2 different stores looking for a T47 bit (since that's what 1aauto said they were in their video on replacing Jetta brakes) and they ended up being T45, which are much easier to find than T47.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That sounds like a compiled version of the documents I got from erWin. These all have a VW watermark, say what models they apply to on the first page, and have the VW part numbers and torque specs for various fasteners. They also come with factory service updates. I've been a little disappointed with the level of detail in these. Today I took off my brake calipers and wanted to see what size Torx bit I needed for the two bolts on the back of each caliper. The repair manual had torque specs for the bolts, and it said they were Torx, but there was no mention of what size they were. I had to go to 2 different stores looking for a T47 bit (since that's what 1aauto said they were in their video on replacing Jetta brakes) and they ended up being T45, which are much easier to find than T47.

Could be, I'm not familiar with erWin. I looked at their web a minute ago (didn't learn much, said down for maintenance lol!). What I was able to see looked like it was a subscription type service?

After purchasing for 2 different VWs my only negative is there's so much info you have to get used to how to find what you need. My Passat manual took me through everything I attempted, was so satisfied with it I bought the Jetta manual right off. I've only had the Jetta a month, so only limited usage doing the scheduled factory maintenance so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.