VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else thought about getting one? I know that it would be more accurate thatn the analog gauges that are stock, plus i think it's easier to see the rpm's at night
Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
86 Posts
They are great.
My friend had one in his Prelude, and they automatically record your rpms and mph for a 10min span or something like that. One night he got pulled over for "speeding" which he wasnt doing, he had his cruise control set at the speed limit. So he showed the cop that it records the engines data, blipped the throttle a couple of times to show that it was recording even at that time, then rewound back for 10 min or so to show him his speed and rpms were constant for that entire time. He got off with a "Sorry to disturb you, have a good night."

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Re: (NoBottleJustThrottle)

Quote, originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle »
They are great.
My friend had one in his Prelude, and they automatically record your rpms and mph for a 10min span or something like that. One night he got pulled over for "speeding" which he wasnt doing, he had his cruise control set at the speed limit. So he showed the cop that it records the engines data, blipped the throttle a couple of times to show that it was recording even at that time, then rewound back for 10 min or so to show him his speed and rpms were constant for that entire time. He got off with a "Sorry to disturb you, have a good night."

that is awesome. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts