VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, is it best to apply wax with a buffer and then remove it with a cotton cloth or to apply it with a cotton cloth and remove it with the buffer? I just got a buffer a couple weeks ago and have used it three times. The first time I applied with a cloth and removed with the buffer and the next two times I did the opposite. What do you guys do/reccomend.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Apply or remove wax with buffer? (GTIginsterVR6)

I think you end up wasteing a ton of wax by applying it with a buffer. I do it all by hand, but if you have to use a bufer I would say its the removal that is best for buffer usage

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Re: Apply or remove wax with buffer? (GTIginsterVR6)

Call me lazy.
When applying liquid wax, I find the DA rotary works well, and without much waste.
Removing by hand with clean towels is a snap.
HTH
fat biker

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Apply or remove wax with buffer? (fat biker)

An orbital buffer greatly reduces the amount of product you use. I use the orbital buffer for both wax application and removal. With removal though the pads can load up quickly so it's good to have a bunch around.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: Apply or remove wax with buffer? (fat biker) (Fast_silverTDI)

Applying with a random orbital buffer (ie porter cable) uses VERY little polish/wax compared to applying by hand! The nice thing is that it goes on thin enough that I think it's almost quicker to remove it with a microfiber towel than with the buffer. As far as I'm concerned, it is the way to go!
-Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.