VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a 93 chipped 1.8t that got the 100 octane race program from APR also?
I'm gonna go get it this weekend.
I know that 100 0ctane in my car with just tuning and the 93 program makes a BIG difference!
I wonder what the program made for the gas will do !!!
Anyone know?

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All it does is advance the timing? Well if thats the case then my car praticaly already has the race program. Infact, my timing is already advanced 3 deg using V-tune. Does the 100 octance program advance the timing even further? Because when i put the 100 octane in my car last night, it sure felt alot faster. Maybe because my car has the timing advanced already?

· Registered
6,968 Posts
Re: (ZIVLAN)

dumb question maybe, were you using 100 octane gas. like i said, dumb question
Quote, originally posted by ZIVLAN »
All it does is advance the timing? Well if thats the case then my car praticaly already has the race program. Infact, my timing is already advanced 3 deg using V-tune. Does the 100 octance program advance the timing even further? Because when i put the 100 octane in my car last night, it sure felt alot faster. Maybe because my car has the timing advanced already?

· Registered
6,968 Posts

i was reading a hot rod magazine (dont recall which one) and they were doing back to back dyno runs changing the timing before every run. when they advanced the timing too much they lost somewhere around 5 to 7 horsepower compared to some of the other runs. i wish i knew what mag and what issue it was but i did read it. i dont believe everything i read but it is something to think about. changing the timing could make performance suffer. i was messing around with v tune at work and my boss told me i should put up my boost and retard my timing a little. i didnt try it yet but maybe i will give it a shot and get back to you guys
advanced timing makes you lose power? are u sure?

· Banned
5,273 Posts

I Love Whiskey lol, i drank some at work yesterday shhh....

Sunoco Race *****! haha
We need to take your car out and shoot some photos man.
(This is Nelson by the way with the black Jetta)
My waterpump took a **** on Friday night, I don't know if you heard by now, but yeah its ****ed and my car is out of comission.

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (xitdiestodayx)

Yo, whats up nelson!
Will just called me, he said someone backed into his car, his whole fender is messed up....
For real, we gotta take some photos, i'm off tuesday and thursday...let me know...

and it sucks bout ur water pump, im doing my timing belt, tensioner, and water pump in my car sometime next month...let me know if you need any help fixing ur car.

Modified by ZIVLAN at 2:30 PM 8-20-2006

· Banned
5,273 Posts

Yo, whats up nelson!
Will just called me, he said someone backed into his car, his whole fender is messed up....
For real, we gotta take some photos, i'm off tuesday and thursday...let me know...

and it sucks bout ur water pump, im doing my timing belt, tensioner, and water pump in my car sometime next month...let me know if you need any help fixing ur car.

Modified by ZIVLAN at 2:30 PM 8-20-2006

I am hopefully gonna get it fixed by myself within the next 3 days. If you need any help doing yours, give me a call and whatnot I will PM you my number.
Sucks with Wills car, same **** happened to mine, thats why mine was ****ed up from December to a week ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.