VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have an APR downpipe with a bad cat. I'm on number two and this is all within the span of 3 months. Rattling.. more rattling etc etc. I returned the first downpipe.. got the second one.. had it installed and .. rinse and repeat. Seriously.. this SUX!

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: APR 2.5" Downpipe.. bad cat.. AGAIN! (Gr8Scott95)

Quote, originally posted by Gr8Scott95 »
Have your stock cat cut in to match your 2.5" pipe.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: APR 2.5" Downpipe.. bad cat.. AGAIN! (briang)

Just had a look at the stock downpipe. Is the smaller buldge the cat and the larger buldge the resonator?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: APR 2.5" Downpipe.. bad cat.. AGAIN! (trogdor337)

Quote, originally posted by trogdor337 »
Just had a look at the stock downpipe. Is the smaller buldge the cat and the larger buldge the resonator?

Nope, the whole thing is a catlytic converter, (and usually flows better than aftermarket cats).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: APR 2.5" Downpipe.. bad cat.. AGAIN! (dansgti)

Very, VERY interesting. That whole damned thing is a cat. Wow.. its 50% of the whole DP ;-)
Well.. I'm tired of screwing around with APR on this.. I'm gonna look for a local muffler show to do this. I think its a great idea and will ensure that I pass inspection.
Cheers guys,
--Nick

·
Registered
11,911 Posts
Re: (trogdor337)

on the 1st DP the flex section cracked. i saw they moved that on the newer DP's to a different location on the pipe. the 2nd was fubar'd from the time i opened it but i ran it for a year out of shear stupidity. the 3rd's been OK for 15K in miles.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Re: (screwball)

also on my second and its just gone bad. 'm going to ask if they will swap it for a 3in catless
this time. i payed $50 to get it swapped out when my arm was broken and couldn't do it myself! its a major pain in the ass!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts