VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APR is happy to announce its 4th of July Exhaust Sale (July 1-7). Prices are as follows:
Jetta cat-back (w/ down turned tips) $599
GTI cat-back (w/ down turned tips) $599
97-01 A4Q $750
A6 cat-back (w/ tips) $999
A6 cat-back (w/out tips) $949
S4 DP/Cat replacement $1250
S4 cat-back $799
These prices will be good for orders placed thru APR ‘s Online Store or any of our retailers. Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (Jeckyll)

Come on now guys. Its a hundred bucks off. Give the guy a break.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (turbovw18)

Quote, originally posted by turbovw18 »
you CANNOT honestly charge 600 bucks for a friggin CAT BACK????????????
and call it a sale.... what gives?

Listen people, if you don't want to spend that kind of jack or prefer Brand X to APR, just keep moving along. Don't bog down yet another thread with your pointless, tired arguements on how APR products are overpriced. Let supply and demand determine the price point.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Not trying to knock apr, but im curious as to if they are having financial problems because it seems that with the price of the turbo-kit going up now a "sale" that basically will even out to price shipped as retail im just wondering..

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: (streetpower)

People, APR and cheap have never been together in the same sentence. Maybe some of you are too new to the scene but these prices are right in line with what they have been offering since day one....even when money wasn't tight.
Those of you ripping on the sale prices might as well rip on Forced Motion too. FMs sale prices are higher than APR's for comparable products. Personally I think the prices are fine from both companies as they both make proven products. And we wonder why good compaies like Velocity and Adrenalin went under. The VW crowd is just cheap and they don't know how good they actually have it.

Modified by einsig at 3:58 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: (einsig)

AMEN, what he said......tired of all the whiney penny pinchin where can i get the cheapest "X" people on this forum.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Now suck it up, APR makes quality products and they back them with good customer service!!!
When i bought my TT exhaust it was $519 shipped.....seeing the APR product, I would have spent the extra on theirs if it had been available.

Modified by ACKTung at 4:01 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Re: (einsig)

einsig: Do you really think they will listen?
I totally agree w/ you btw. $100 off a $699 item sure looks like a sale to me. I'd love to own an APR exhaust, but it's not in my budget (sale or no sale) however, it's their right to price their products any way they like, I don't know why people forget that.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to a good product at a $100 savings!

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (jeremyAPR)

They're knocking 15% off of parts that more owners can buy and the "mob" is still griping about the price.
Our little hobby needs an enema.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (Jman5000)

Maybe they should throw in M&M's no one b*tches about the Pottermans.

I agree you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
61 Posts

jeremy or anyone that knows. which model will fit a 03 turbo s, if any, without modifying the valence.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: (ACKTung)

Quote, originally posted by ACKTung »
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Now suck it up, APR makes quality products and they back them with good customer service!!!

Sorry to disagree but there service and attitude suck and you dont always get what you pay for, but with APR you do.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Re: (juggernut)

Quote, originally posted by juggernut »

Sorry to disagree but there service and attitude suck and you dont always get what you pay for, but with APR you do.

i agree totally. well said.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (Jman5000)

Quote, originally posted by Jman5000 »
Our little hobby needs an enema.

That's for sure. I think witht the advent of the 1.8T becoming the hot tuner engine in the last year we have a lot of new kids on the block. They just don't realize this isn't like the cheaply saturated DSM and Honda crowd. The thing they don't get too is that even in the DSM and Honda world youa re still gonaa pay a pretty penny for something that gives real results and reliability. It si like sunglasses, yeah there are a ton of brands to choose from, but only a select few are worth your money...and those few cost some real coin.
Quote, originally posted by juggernut »

I'm just curious as to where their service sucks. Up until a few weeks/months ago one of the major noted reasons people chose APR chips was their great service and knowldgeable staff. What exactly did they do to you to (or any one else b!tching about the service)?

Modified by einsig at 1:28 PM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

why a sale on the downturn tips only?! I was just at Steve's in waterford and saw one of the straight out tips... was ready to buy it when i saw the thread subject.. then i clicked and saw it was only downturn systems.

you guys never put the stuff that I want on sale

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (XSiVE)

Quote, originally posted by XSiVE »
why a sale on the downturn tips only?! I was just at Steve's in waterford and saw one of the straight out tips... was ready to buy it when i saw the thread subject.. then i clicked and saw it was only downturn systems.

LOL yea thats how it work's
they charge more for what everyone wants and less for people don't want, like their turn down tips.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Re: APR 4th of July Exhaust Sale (XSiVE)

Quote, originally posted by XSiVE »

Heck, call Jeremy and see what they can do. The cat-bck with tips should be available, maybe a Group Buy to bring down the price of the initial batch produced?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts