VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that if new software is installed into a car with a stock turbo it would blow it because of high temps..is that always true?? my budget is like 500 and i don't know if i should get my car chipped, or just buy a boost controller and crank it up..
any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
No question, for a good tune, get chipped! The alternate way of making more power takes a little work. For the ease of making power, chipping is the easiest way to go! IMO

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
One more thing...
DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Do some reading, searching, and comparing the different companies out there, who offer software for our dubs. Don't just settle with what people say. Take their experience and opinions and compare it against what you read and find from each of the different software tuners.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Re: (dlsolo)

To your first question, no you do not need a boost controller other than your N75 valve. That is what the software is written for and it will not blow your turbo up unless you drive it like a bat outta heck all the time. The stock turbo does not run well with a manual boost controller anyway, kind of on and off with boost, all or nuthin you know, which isn't fun.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: apr 93...boost controller?? ([email protected])

Im running an APR chip and love it. my n75 valve went bad and i was overboosting due to it, so i bought a manual boost controller to tun it down to 18. With a stock ko3, there is really no need to go any more than 18 psi. quoting someone else who seai it, its just dumping extra hot ari into the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts