VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed APR and they said 215hp with this upgrade for AWW!!! 12hp, please. Just a quick question though. I already have the ECMS programmer, do you think I have to pay to download or install this new program or do you think it replaces the chipped program as one of their 'free' upgrades? (would be nice)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (black2001aww)

Should be able to just download it with the home programmer and replace the current program.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I emailed APR and they said 215hp with this upgrade for AWW!!! 12hp, please. Just a quick question though. I already have the ECMS programmer, do you think I have to pay to download or install this new program or do you think it replaces the chipped program as one of their 'free' upgrades? (would be nice)[HR][/HR]​
No, you don't have to pay for it. all software upgrade are free if you already have APR. Once you download the software, you need purchase the cable adapter from APR in order for you to reprogram your ecu. Give them a call

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (michel)

how much is the programmer?
also - anyone know whether they will they do it for free if you go in to a dealer, or will they charge for installation? not that it matters, because I took it out and sent it in, but I'm busy, ya know??

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I emailed APR and they said 215hp with this upgrade for AWW!!! 12hp, please. [HR][/HR]​
Has the torque increased as well? If so, what is it?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (keegan)

quote:[HR][/HR]Anybody know if it is available for the AWD?[HR][/HR]​
Yes, it is available for the AWD cars

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (michel)

oooh...that would be nice to add as a third program!!!
how difficult is it to use the home programming software? has anyone had much experience with it? I was thinking about getting that upgrade.
thanks
for apr

[Modified by 2k1gteye, 3:12 PM 12-7-2001]

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (2k1gteye)

It isn't a 3rd program. You can either get the 91 or 93 octane specific program for your "chipped" mode. At least that is what APR told me on Tuesday when i ordered it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (2k1gteye)

The home software is easy to use. I've had it for about 10 months now.
And einsig...you can put any combination of software programs on your chip, provided you've paid for them to open the necessary number of software slots on your chip. For instance, I have 3 slots open on my chip, and I've shuffled around various combinations on my ECU, from stock, stage 3-93 octane, stage 3-100 octane, stage 3-104 octane, and valet. Just download whatever you like that's available for your car and load them on your chip to your liking.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (BOOSTD1)

quote:[HR][/HR]And einsig...you can put any combination of software programs on your chip, provided you've paid for them to open the necessary number of software slots on your chip. For instance, I have 3 slots open on my chip, and I've shuffled around various combinations on my ECU, from stock, stage 3-93 octane, stage 3-100 octane, stage 3-104 octane, and valet. Just download whatever you like that's available for your car and load them on your chip to your liking.[HR][/HR]​
Thats what I thought, but the APR rep said not for the 91/93 octane chipped modes. It was one or the other. I don't really care since I didn't need the 91.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (einsig)

1.1Bar !?!? How much can I get out of it if I use 94 octane? I get Sunoco Ultra 94 up here and I run it all the time. Other than the chip, what else do I need from APR? I've been holding out on getting chipped just for this reason.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: APR 93 octane spec. (BADNESS969)

quote:[HR][/HR]1.1Bar !?!? How much can I get out of it if I use 94 octane? I get Sunoco Ultra 94 up here and I run it all the time. Other than the chip, what else do I need from APR? I've been holding out on getting chipped just for this reason.[HR][/HR]​
Nothing else. Just their new software on their chip. Check out their web site for details on all the stuff their chips will do, aside from making you go really fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts