VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a post about a guy with an APR chipped car. He says he put i in stock mode, let a friend drive it, then pulled over, turned off ASR and did something with the cruise control. What does this do? can you convert to and from stock/chipped?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Re: APR Chip Trick? (TurboJordan)

Yes,
By using the cruise control set button, you can put your car into 4 different programs that APR offers (Stock, Chipped, 100 + octane race gas and Valet). Its an awesome feature, if your thinking about getting chipped, I would highly recommend APR. Their customer service was great as well.
- Ray

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: APR Chip Trick? (blackwolf1.8t)

I'm guessing though that stock mode isn't tha same as having a stock ECU - meaning the dealer can still tel that the car is chipped. Am I right?

·
Registered
473 Posts

the only way he could verify the car being chipped would be to physically open up the ECU.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: APR Chip Trick? (sjoback)

quote:[HR][/HR]the only way he could verify the car being chipped would be to physically open up the ECU.[HR][/HR]​
not even with the diagnostics tool?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Re: APR Chip Trick? (WOB_GTI)

I ahve also been to the dealer with my APR chipped GTI for the 5,000 service and 10,000 service (before I totalled it) and they never mentioned anything...just hold the cruise button for a couple of sec switch it back to stock mode and your golden....at least that's been my experience..I would highly recommend the APR chip for those of you are still in limbo!!
Steve T

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: APR Chip Trick? (GTeeEYE)

That is totally awesome. I am saving my pennies and eating crackers or Ramen starting... now! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm guessing though that stock mode isn't tha same as having a stock ECU - meaning the dealer can still tel that the car is chipped. Am I right?[HR][/HR]​
APR's system is completely undetecable by a VAG tool. APR's version 2 of EMCS is even harder to recognize even if the dealer happens to open the ECU. The new chip is virtually identical to the stock one.
Stock mode is exactly the same. It is the original Bosch code just stored on the EMCS daughter board in one of the program slots.
Go APR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.