VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APR announces the Golf & Jetta exhausts are now shipping. The kit can be purchased in three forms. Cat-Back - including a full 2.5” Stainless Steel system with hardware. Special price - $799 Downpipe – A 2.5” downpipe with high flow cat - $399. The complete kit can also be ordered for $1099. These prices are good for today only! Thanks.
Mitchell

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (MitchellAPR)

Is it possible to order everything that your exhaust includes EXCEPT the muffler?
For example, could I just order the downpipe, high-flow cat, and the piping from the cat to the muffler, but NOT the muffler? Would I have to pay the full $1099 price? Or could I get a discount of any sort since I wouldn't be getting the muffler?
I have a Remus muffler on the stock piping right now... and I REALLY don't want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts

you need to update your webpage.
still shows jetta exhaust as "coming soon"
also, you think maybe the chips will go on sale again near the end of the month? please?????

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (jusrelax)

More info needed what does the tip look like, pictures needed!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (Wolk's Wagon)

I agree that the site needs more info. Overall the site is killer, but just lacking in up to date info. They still have only the AWD dyno and #s up there. I'm sure it would do them good to post the gains for all engine versions with dyno graphs to support the #s.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (einsig)

hmm...1099 for a 2.5in turbo back , and thats the SPECIAL price ?
Granted APR quality is top notch, but have you guys even bothered scoping out your competition?
Forced motion exhaust runs in that area, and its a 3in SS mandrel bent system.
Just another overprice APR product...
Sorry I had to be the jerk, but I'm sure my sentiment is shared by other consumers. Nothing personal against APR, I know there stuff is high quality sh*t.
-Noah

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (THE Wuss)

quote:[HR][/HR]hmm...1099 for a 2.5in turbo back , and thats the SPECIAL price ?
Granted APR quality is top notch, but have you guys even bothered scoping out your competition?
Sorry I had to be the jerk, but I'm sure my sentiment is shared by other consumers. Nothing personal against APR, I know there stuff is high quality sh*t.
-Noah[HR][/HR]​
Sorry to be the jerk that bursts your bubble, but it was posted earlier that the 2.5"
Forced Motion system would still cost about that much. That small amount of extra metal in the 3" system is not what boosts the price of a Turbo back. Its the DP, high flow cat, and the engineerign that makes it cost that much.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]hmm...1099 for a 2.5in turbo back , and thats the SPECIAL price ?
-Noah
Sorry to be the jerk that bursts your bubble, but it was posted earlier that the 2.5"
Forced Motion system would still cost about that much. That small amount of extra metal in the 3" system is not what boosts the price of a Turbo back. Its the DP, high flow cat, and the engineerign that makes it cost that much.[HR][/HR]​
2.5in catback for 800 bucks? and I know about the engineering costs. Apparently R&D automatically adds 100 bucks to everything they sell.
Like I said, I'm not griping about the products, some of the best made parts in america for 1.8t's, just wish that they would understand that their prices aren't very competitive. Just trying to help THEM out.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts

-Noah
Forced Motion system would still cost about that much. That small amount of extra metal in the 3" system is not what boosts the price of a Turbo back. Its the DP, high flow cat, and the engineerign that makes it cost that much.[HR][/HR]​
2.5in catback for 800 bucks? and I know about the engineering costs. Apparently R&D automatically adds 100 bucks to everything they sell.
Like I said, I'm not griping about the products, some of the best made parts in america for 1.8t's, just wish that they would understand that their prices aren't very competitive. Just trying to help THEM out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (THE Wuss)

Hi Noah,
Yes it is true that our system is not the least expensive on the market. We never got into this business to be the "low price leader", our exhaust are hand made and hand TiG welded. Even the mufflers start out as a flat sheet of stainless steel and are bent and welded by hand. The hangers we use are billet CNC Stainless Steel. Sure, we could have gone to Taiwan and had a kit that retailed for $299, but that is not what we are about. We only sell the very highest quality of products that are made in the USA, period. As for the 3" vs the 2.5"...don't you think that we tested each diameter? We found that under about 300 HP the 3" lost between 8 and 10 HP. It is all about velocity vs. volume, we have done the tests and 2.5" works better for most of our cars. Even our stage 3 worked better with a 2.5" system, for this we did go to our 3" downpipe but the exhaust is still 2.5. Let me know if you have any questions as I would love to answer them.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Hi Noah,
Yes it is true that our system is not the least expensive on the market. We never got into this business to be the "low price leader", our exhaust are hand made and hand TiG welded. Even the mufflers start out as a flat sheet of stainless steel and are bent and welded by hand. The hangers we use are billet CNC Stainless Steel. Sure, we could have gone to Taiwan and had a kit that retailed for $299, but that is not what we are about. We only sell the very highest quality of products that are made in the USA, period. As for the 3" vs the 2.5"...don't you think that we tested each diameter? We found that under about 300 HP the 3" lost between 8 and 10 HP. It is all about velocity vs. volume, we have done the tests and 2.5" works better for most of our cars. Even our stage 3 worked better with a 2.5" system, for this we did go to our 3" downpipe but the exhaust is still 2.5. Let me know if you have any questions as I would love to answer them. [HR][/HR]​
We don't claim to be the lowest cost either..
I do question something that you mention. In all of my testing ( I have just a few hours of testing
), I found that I gained hp when I went to a larger exhaust size. In fact, I gained 13 whp between the 2.5" and the 3" systems.
Also, yes, hand building systems like this does cost money and take time... hence the price. We also hand build everything on our exhaust systems, including the hangers, which are all t304 stainless. We also include all of the parts needed to attach the system to a car.. gaskets, etc.
I have never disputed that you make a fine product, and i am sure that your 2.5" system is of the highest quality...

·
Registered
6,675 Posts

MitchellAPR,
We still need more info, you expect us to drop 1k on a Turboback system today only, sight unseen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (DaBlackJetta)

Certainly not a knock on Forced-Motion! I know you have great products. Neither of our companies are the cheapest guys in town. (I think we must both be crazy) When you speak of your gains is that a total gain from stock or a gain over a 2.5” system? Our boxes must be radically different if that is over a 2.5. I see under your name you are a moderator…I promise to be good!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (Wolk's Wagon)

If they could have waited one more day my Jetta would have been the test mule and the system would have been free

BTW, APR, I will be available if you need a test mule in the future http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Just e-mail me (see profile).
Unfortunately, the agency I work for had a huge public meeting the day you needed it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
517 Posts
I think we need to see some dyno plots here.. We've seen FM's already.. If it works better, maybe numbers would be just enough. After that, it's the fitment and the quality of the material that counts. I'm very sure anything APR does is very high quality and I wouldn't doubt that .. Let's see it.
I'm excited.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts

hehe - don't worry about Greg
I'm sure he is just curious as he's posted dynos of gains for the 3" v 2.5". Interesting the results do not jive.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (VW-izR)

Good Grief! decisions on blind faith is all I need today! Some pics would be good, it would take the blind out of the equation!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Certainly not a knock on Forced-Motion! I know you have great products. Neither of our companies are the cheapest guys in town. (I think we must both be crazy)[HR][/HR]​
I don't think we are crazy, I think we know what it takes to make a high quality product. I have a lot of respect for APR and know that the system you build is as good as mine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
quote:[HR][/HR] When you speak of your gains is that a total gain from stock or a gain over a 2.5” system? Our boxes must be radically different if that is over a 2.5.[HR][/HR]​
Feel free to check the dynos listed on my web page... you'll see that the gains are 13 whp from 2.5" to 3", not overall gains of 13whp. In fact, I had a 33 whp gain with the 3" system vs 20 whp with the 2.5" system.
quote:[HR][/HR] I see under your name you are a moderator…I promise to be good![HR][/HR]​
Just don't start talkin smack and I wont have any problems with you! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (DaBlackJetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]Feel free to check the dynos listed on my web page... you'll see that the gains are 13 whp from 2.5" to 3", not overall gains of 13whp. In fact, I had a 33 whp gain with the 3" system vs 20 whp with the 2.5" system.
[HR][/HR]​
I'd like to see APR's dyno data too...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: APR Exhaust now ready for Golf & Jetta ON SALE TODAY!!! (91 16V Jetta)

No problem. I will have to find the dyno plots but I will post them. I do apoligize for us not having pictures up... If I had them I would post them. I will try and take a picture of the unit that is on Nicks Stage 3 GTi and post it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.