VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Looking for a little advice. I've recently had Salisbury Motor Sales here in NY install the APR 3" full exhaust on my 06' GLI. After about 6 weeks the rear hanger weld broke and the Cat back/Exhaust is bouncing around now. I took it back to Salisbury and they were reluctant to weld the broken part for fear of voiding my warranty.
They contacted APR and we emailed them pictures of the broken weld. I've been waiting for over a month for a response regarding replacement of the defective parts. I drive the car everyday and I'm concerned what damage is being done to the exhaust system as well as my undercoating. Not to mention it sounds like I'm driving a 79 Ford LTD. I don't see what good a warranty is if I can't get APR to honor it.
Any suggesting would be appreciated..... has anyone else has this type of experience with APR?
Thanks,
Jim

06' GLI, Stage I,II.

· Banned
53,535 Posts
Re: APR Lifetime Warranty (jddelude)

Quote, originally posted by jddelude »
I drive the car everyday and I'm concerned what damage is being done to the exhaust system as well as my undercoating. Not to mention it sounds like I'm driving a 79 Ford LTD.

Wouldn't a temporary fix for the rear hanger be wise? A nice piece of steel wire would work to keep from any more damage while you wait for APR resolution. Or even a screw-type hose clamp to fasten the broken hanger back to the pipe.

Modified by GTINC at 8:19 AM 7-17-2009

· Registered
3,565 Posts

That sounds uncharacteristic of APR. I receieved the wrong hardware kit for my exhaust and they didn't even ask questions when I called them--I got the right kit on the next day.
However, before I would go driving around with that banging around as you described, I would just weld it myself...

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: APR Lifetime Warranty (GTINC)

Well the guys at the installation shop didn't seem concerned about it. I guess I was just taking their lead..... but I'm gonna have to do something soon as it's getting really annoying.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: APR Lifetime Warranty (seymore15074)

Perhaps I should call myself. I was under the impression that the authorized dealer would get a better response. At this point I wish APR would just tell me that they're gonna screw me if that's the case so I can get it welded.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (runnin9z)

Guys.... thanks for the advice on emailing. The APR authorized installer has called three times and we had to email the pictures of the bad weld so they could understand the problem. Still waiting for resolution or return call. However, I gonna try calling myself soon as I finish this post.
Jim

· Registered
28,428 Posts
Re: (jddelude)

not soon TODAY!!! RIGHT NOW!!

i don't get it... your cars broken, and your pissed about it... but you wana wait a few days to call.

makes no sense.

YOU CALL THEM! don't put it on someone else.
(800) 680-7921 - Toll Free Phone Number
(334) 502-5181 - Local Phone Number
(334) 502-5180 - Fax Number

Modified by The Hustler at 12:27 PM 7-17-2009

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ok..... just talked to service. They just approved the replacement today. I'm looking at up to 2 weeks for fabrication but the ball is rolling and they're gonna email me the paperwork.
All good news, I just with this didn't take 6 weeks in the middle of summer when I can enjoy it the most.
Thanks for the input guys.....
Jim

· Registered
28,428 Posts

Ok..... just talked to service. They just approved the replacement today. I'm looking at up to 2 weeks for fabrication but the ball is rolling and they're gonna email me the paperwork.
All good news, I just with this didn't take 6 weeks in the middle of summer when I can enjoy it the most.
Thanks for the input guys.....
Jim

awesome!! next time don't wait for anyone. do it yourself. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
53,535 Posts

Well the guys at the installation shop didn't seem concerned about it. I guess I was just taking their lead.....

I was thinking this was your car, not theirs....

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: APR Lifetime Warranty (GTINC)

I'm not a mechanic.... if the authorized install guys tell me it isn't a problem I generally don't argue. That's why I paid them $1500 to put the thing in. Doesn't mean I have to like the rattling...... or the 6 week turnaround on a replacing a defective component.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.