VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have this combo? how's it work ie-any power difference, smoother boost, waste of $? any comments are welcome.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: APR & N75J ? (petesell)

I have read it is typically a good combo but each car is different.
I haven't tried it yet but plan to. Another side note is that Autos/Tip's don't seem to hit limp mode as much as manuals... Not sure why, prob because our torque isn't as sudden.
Let us know in detail how it turns out.

·
Registered
13,436 Posts
Re: APR & N75J ? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

I have this combo plus a hyperboost dv, Milltek turboback exhaust and a modded airbox on the tiptronic. Those mods keep my smiling all day long!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: APR & N75J ? (NC Vdub)

i have the same d/v & cat-back, plus a K04 & apr D/P. where can you get the n75J? same as the ECS one? thks

·
Registered
13,436 Posts
Re: APR & N75J ? (nohdowt)

Check the MKIV classifieds for the J valve. Usually, selling for $50 bucks. I think the stock is a H valve. There are several, all with different letters, hence H and J. They look the same, but do different things. The ECS racing valve has a letter also, but I forgot what it is. Be careful though, the ECS threw a CEL in my friends 4speed auto. The J works best for my car and it performs well. It spikes up the boost, holds it, and releases it smoothly. Also check Impex(www.vwparts.com) in the specials listed on the first page. They have it on sale now!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I tried the n75 H, J, F with my mods
The stock f valve was defintely the worst. No spike and couldnt hold boost.
The J valve was the best for me... surging was less.
H valve had the highest boost spike but it was surging like crazy which made my car annoying and slow to drive.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Re: (petesell)

with my APR v2 and the J valve i had some hardcore surging...
seem to me that the ECS valve worked the best w/o the diode
with the diode is a whole different story though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts