VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 VW GTI 3 Door
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m still a newbie so I have a few questions after I installed my APR open air intake.
1. I ran the SAI filter under the new unit as per APR instructions but I see people run it above, next to the new air box?
2.It came with a crap load of packing peanuts and the unit wasn’t wrapped. I hope a package peanut isn’t melted in my turbo? (That would be my luck). I didn’t think to look inside filter. Car seems fine?
3. As per APR instructions I put the little vacuum line in last. It was a pain in the ass to get it into the new air box after everything was mounted. It’s in but not sure if I got the hose all the way down into the nipple? What happens if it pops out? Also I didn’t want to break the nipple off the new air box.
Hood Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2016 VW GTI 3 Door
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, pull off the cone filter and check for peanuts inside. I had some in mine when it shipped lol.

Doesn’t matter where the SAI filter is, I have mine zip tied under the battery tray. For that little intake nipped thing just make sure it’s in and it’ll be fine. If it pops out the car won’t blow up, probably throw a code though.
Thanks! I already drove the car once without checking for peanuts. I’m sure it’s too late now to check. Everything seems fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts