VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Vendor
21,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to apologize to everyone. There was a miscommunication along the way and I inaccurately stated the 2.5L intake will fit the MK6 Golf. I've confirmed it will not fit the MK6 Golf w/o modification.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused. If you purchased one, you are entitled to a full refund. Contact us at (334) 502-5181.

Thank you!

-Arin

· Registered
2,324 Posts
advertising towards mk6 i would think you would show it on a mk6 2.5 :rolleyes:

The headlights on golf's and jetta sportwagens come into the bay much further than mk6 jettas.
Have you actually put one on the new golf?
I ask because i bought a BSH CAI for mk6 sportwagen and it barely hits the headlight mount, causing it to rattle under load.. When i contacted them about it they just told me it wasnt built for my car :sly:

· Vendor
21,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The page on our website covers all models of the 2.5L engine so unfortunately the marketing photos are old. Trust me, I know the 2.5 engine is not spread across a lot of vehicles but it becomes extremely difficult to grab photos for every combination of every vehicle. This is especially true for wider spread engines like the 2.0T. The engines between the MK5 and MK6 are identical though so the literature is still the same. I personally have not had a chance to fit and photograph a MK6 in house but when we have one in, I'll grab photos for you.

· Registered
2,324 Posts
Yes, installation with the map sensor 2.5 is the same, my concern is the completly different front end..
The new headlights protrude into the bay further, making the fit different, kinda seems odd you wouldn't fit
one before marketing it.....:confused:
If you need a test car to fit one let me know! Im sick of looking at my temperary rattle fix!

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Benefits of the Carbonio CAI System include:

-Increases Horsepower and Torque
-Improves Throttle Response
-Flattens Torque Curve (engine is less 'peaky')
-Improves Fuel Economy
-Enhances Engine's Volumetric Efficiency
As with all of the other "cold air systems" from other manufacturers, these claims do not seem to have any evidence to support them.

History has shown that any gains from a shiny pipe and a different shaped air filter have negligible if any improvement to engine performance.

If your product does actually provide thee gains, it would be a first in the industry. Can you please provide the data to support these claims?

· Registered
385 Posts
As with all of the other "cold air systems" from other manufacturers, these claims do not seem to have any evidence to support them.

History has shown that any gains from a shiny pipe and a different shaped air filter have negligible if any improvement to engine performance.

If your product does actually provide thee gains, it would be a first in the industry. Can you please provide the data to support these claims?
:popcorn:

· Registered
156 Posts
Let me just say that first I'm really disappointed in apr for telling us that yes it will fit guys I'm tellin you that this intake is never going to fit on a mk6. I know I tried it to day I jumped on the sale and bought it through NA and I was so excited I could not wait till it got here and today I was so excited to find the box waiting for me at the door. I proceded to rip my cars big ass airbox off and start to put it on I was ecstatic untill I got to putting the cold air and the two pieces(one side the throttle body and the other the pipe) and there was about a four inch gap between the two, never going to work!:mad: . I'm just saying that apr you need to stop advertising this for the mk6 cause it doesn't fit at all I'm so disappointed that apr one of the most trusted VW performance leaders would advertise this and not actually test fit it themselves. I just hope that I can get my money back. So just as a warning guys don't buy this intake IT WILL NOT FIT!!!!!!!!

· Registered
7,310 Posts
Let me just say that first I'm really disappointed in apr for telling us that yes it will fit guys I'm tellin you that this intake is never going to fit on a mk6. I know I tried it to day I jumped on the sale and bought it through NA and I was so excited I could not wait till it got here and today I was so excited to find the box waiting for me at the door. I proceded to rip my cars big ass airbox off and start to put it on I was ecstatic untill I got to putting the cold air and the two pieces(one side the throttle body and the other the pipe) and there was about a four inch gap between the two, never going to work!:mad: . I'm just saying that apr you need to stop advertising this for the mk6 cause it doesn't fit at all I'm so disappointed that apr one of the most trusted VW performance leaders would advertise this and not actually test fit it themselves. I just hope that I can get my money back. So just as a warning guys don't buy this intake IT WILL NOT FIT!!!!!!!!

Any way possible of getting a longer silicone sleeve to bridge the gap? Not that you should have to do this, but I was just curious... :thumbdown:

· Vendor
21,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need to apologize to everyone. There was a miscommunication along the way and I inaccurately stated the 2.5L intake will fit the MK6 Golf. I've confirmed it will not fit the MK6 Golf w/o modification.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused. If you purchased one, you are entitled to a full refund. Contact us at (334) 502-5181.

Thank you!

-Arin

· Vendor
21,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hahaha advertising before you test fit! I tryed to tell ya bud :rolleyes:
I actually misinterpreted the information I was given. I was under the assumption Carbonio tested fitted the MK6 and found it to fit. Turns out that was not the information they relayed to me thus why I corrected my mistake.

We don't like to make errors, but now and then it happens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.