VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
21,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APR is pleased to present our first RSC™ Exhaust System for the Audi marque in the new 3.0T B8 S4 Model Years 2010+.

Reflective Sound Cancellation allows for maximum exhaust gas flow while completely eliminating in cabin sound resonance (drone). RSC™ incorporates innovative technologies developed in conjunction with NASA. With limited use of packing materials and no baffles, RSC™ allows for a completely straight and free flowing exhaust path through the RSC™ mufflers. Reflective Cancellation bounces the undesirable sound waves into each other to attenuate the wave and completely eliminate the low frequency tones that create drone. Each RSC™ muffler is tuned to eliminate specific, undesirable sound frequencies allowing only the engine's desirable exhaust notes to be heard and improving performance.

To learn more about our exciting new exhaust system, Please visit our website!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Tips are extra?

The exhaust looks and sounds great and the power gains look impressive, but it doesn't come with tips? Really? Why not just sell it as $2208 for the SS tips and $2238 for the black tips?

Also any possibility of posting the actual before/after dyno instead of just the gains? Curious to see if the gains are at the wheels or calculated crank values.

·
Vendor
21,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The exhaust looks and sounds great and the power gains look impressive, but it doesn't come with tips? Really? Why not just sell it as $2208 for the SS tips and $2238 for the black tips?
When you click 'buy one now' you'll be given the option to choose the tips you want. You also have the option to purchase the tips separately if at a later time you decide to change to a different tip design. :thumbup:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Makes sense I guess

I just think it would be easier to just sell each one as an all inclusive exhaust and give the option to buy the tips separate if you ever wanted to change them, so people wouldn't feel like they were being forced to pay extra for tips. I realize you're not actually paying extra for the tips though.

Any possibility of posting the actual before/after dyno?

·
Vendor
21,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually really appreciate the feedback. My goal is to make everything as easy as possible so I'll see what I can do to switch it up.

Let me grab some before and after wheel dynos and I'll report back. :D

·
Vendor
21,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, I posted this on another forum:

I don't like the fact that APR is selling their "full system" for comparative pricing while telling everyone that they will be able to spend even more in the near future for their upgraded DP's
I believe there is some confusion about the APR RSC Exhaust System, our competitors products, what you get/don't get with either and what you may see from us in the future. I wouldn't expect everyone to know what the S4 looks like up on a lift and I really doubt many of you will ever see the full OEM exhaust system. Let me see if I can help everyone understand the full OEM exhaust system compared to ours.

First, lets try to understand the OEM exhaust components:

- Headers
- Catalytic Converter Sections
- Downpipes
- Center Resonator
- Rear Mufflers
- Exhaust Tips

The APR Full Exhaust System replaces all of the following:

Downpipes
Center Resonator
Rear Mufflers
Exhaust Tips

Future APR applications may replace the following parts but this is all TBD:

Catalytic Converter Sections
Headers

In this image I've outlined the OEM parts replaced by the APR Full Catback Exhaust System:

So, as you can see, we are replacing almost the entire exhaust except for the headers and the catalytic converter pipe. What this means is we have a true FULL CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM. We are selling you EVERYTHING from the catalytic converter pipes all the way back to the end of the exhaust.

Now, when you look at other exhaust systems and attempt to compare it to our own system, hopefully this information will come in handy. Some competitors only sell an exhaust system that replaces the Center Resonator, Rear Mufflers and Tips. Others Add the Downpipes in later, but not the Catalytic Converter Sections or the exhaust Headers. Some competitors may mistakenly name the downpipe back system a catback system. Don't be fooled. Do your homework and know what you're getting.

Hope that helps and clears things up a bit! If you have any questions, ask away!

Thank you!

-Arin

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks for posting up the info.

Being able to see the two graphs overlayed helps give a better representation of the gains compared to stock. And the graphic correlating the oem exhaust to the APR is pretty cool. Shows how much of the exhaust is actually being replaced.

Curious to see what kind of gains you can get from the S4 with a full engine back exhaust if you're getting over 14 AWHP just from a catback.

Also you may want to list what rpm the peak change happened, other wise people may think that the change represents the change in peak numbers.

e.g. 309.49 + 14.44 = 323.93 not 320.47

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.