VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
APR Summer Sale: Today through August 3rd, 2012.

One week after APR Motorsport’s victory at Road America and APR's announcement of a second Audi R8 Grand-Am piloted by Audi Sport Factory Drivers, we are pleased to announce our product line from ECU upgrades to Stage 3+ Turbocharger Systems, is on sale!

July 2nd through August 3th

Fully Loaded ECU’s – Your Choice of 4 of the Following Programs:

• Stock Mode :: Exact Original Mapping and Performance
  • 91 Octane Performance
  • 93 Octane Performance
  • 100 Octane Performance
  • Valet Mode :: Limits RPMs and Power Output

Also Included:

• Fault Code Erase :: Erases Fault ECU Fault Codes
  • Security Lockout :: Locks Advanced Functionality of Cruise Control, Password Protected
  • Anti-Theft :: Disables Throttle to Render Vehicle Inoperable, Password Protected

APR Hardware Sale:

• APR Carbonio Carbon Fiber Intakes 10% Off!
  • APR Stage 3, 3+ and K04 Turbocharger Systems 10% Off Most Systems!
  • APR Exhausts Systems 10% Off!
  • APR Intercooler and CPS Systems 10% Off!
  • APR Bipipe 10% Off!
  • APR R1 Diverter Valve 10%!
  • APR Motorsport Items including Silicone Hoses, APR FSI Fuel Pump and more 15% Off!
  • APR Brembo Brake Kits – Free Shipping!
  • DXD Clutch Kits – Free Shipping!

Please visit the APR Product Pages for full product details or call an APR representative at +1 (334) 502-5181.

To find a local APR Dealer in your area, please use the APR Dealer Locator Tool at www.goapr.com/dealer.

Prices are only applicable to the United States of America. To find pricing and participation in your country, please contact a local APR Dealer in your country.

For more news and updates follow us on facebook!

Go APR!

Click the image below for a higher resolution Wallpaper image

·
Registered
53 Posts
From Stock to KO4 on a Tig 2012

Hi Arin, I wonder what is the total cost of upgrading from a stock (S3 Intercooler aside) 2012 Tiguan 155kw 7dsg (DQ500) to a fully loaded KO4 system during the summer sale? What are the parts that needed to upgrade to KO4? and most importantly does APR has the ECU software (KO4) for the current Tig?
Thanks in advance

Gary

·
Vendor
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Arin, I wonder what is the total cost of upgrading from a stock (S3 Intercooler aside) 2012 Tiguan 155kw 7dsg (DQ500) to a fully loaded KO4 system during the summer sale? What are the parts that needed to upgrade to KO4? and most importantly does APR has the ECU software (KO4) for the current Tig?
Thanks in advance

Gary
Yes, we have software.

You need the following:

K04 - $2,384.10 - http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_trans_20_tsi_k04.html
Downpipe - $629.10 - http://www.goapr.com/products/apr_exhaust_downpipe_20t.html
Intake - $269.10 - http://www.goapr.com/products/intake_carbonio_20tsi.html
Intake Bracket for Tig - $20.00 - http://www.goapr.com/products/intake_carbonio_20tsi.html

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Arin, will the downpipe you mentioned above bolt directly into the 2012 Tiguan 4MOTION?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dear Arin,
Thanks for the quote...all the price quoted above doesnt include the ECU remapping software am i right? how much would APR charge for the KO4 software compared to Stage1 & 2?
After browsed thru the link u provided, i found out that the downpipe its only available for fwd instead of 4motion vehicle...meaning there isn't any yet for our AWD??
Thanks again

Gary

·
Vendor
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Arin,
Thanks for the quote...all the price quoted above doesnt include the ECU remapping software am i right? how much would APR charge for the KO4 software compared to Stage1 & 2?
After browsed thru the link u provided, i found out that the downpipe its only available for fwd instead of 4motion vehicle...meaning there isn't any yet for our AWD??
Thanks again

Gary
An APR K04 kit INCLUDES software.

http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_trans_20_tsi_k04.html

APR Website said:
Components:

APR provides all hardware and software needed to ensure a complete install. All items which can be preassembled on the turbocharger come preassembled by APR. The APR K04 turbocharger system consisting of the following:

APR EMCS Software

Application Guide:

Golf R/S3 K04 Conversion - Software Included

·
Vendor
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi Arin, will the downpipe you mentioned above bolt directly into the 2012 Tiguan 4MOTION?
Now that I think of it more, I remember why I didn't list the Tiguan.

The mounting bracket that keeps the downpipe from moving around was not designed for the tiguan. The shop installed one a while back and it needed to be modified to fit.

The other thing we saw was that some Tiguans had a brace on the underside that would contact the downpipe. You can remove brace and the downpipe will fit. I'm assuming this brace is for extra stabilization when off road but how many people off road their Tiguan?

[edit]

Found pix on my computer:

This was on a FWD tiguan with the FWD downpipe. I believe the AWD system will have the same issues, however I have not tried it and the last time I can remember doing this was in 2008 on the VWOA stage 3 tiguan, but that was with some downpipe we cobbled together for the project if I remember correctly. I also don't remember if it was FWD or AWD for sure, but I believe it was AWD because I seem to remember the back tires spinning in the air when I got it stuck taking this picture at SOWO '10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.