VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Vendor
21,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page

The APR Throttle Booster instantly transforms the way your vehicle feels by customizing how quicky your throttle or accelerator pedal works. Simply plug it in and either use the wireless controller or smart phone app to set or customize how the pedal feels. Most people don't like the way their throttle pedal feels, and while tuning can help eliminate lag, everyone has a different opinion about how it should feel. This device lets you set it exactly the way you want and allows you to quickly switch between profiles. Set it to stock, sport modes, extreme modes, and eco modes with ease. Best of all, it's a quick plug and play device that can be removed at any time.

Features:

• Improves throttle response and transforms the feel of the vehicle
  • Multiple switchable profiles including various sport modes, eco modes, and custom maps
  • Custom throttle mapping allows you to perfectly tune your throttle pedal
  • Thin and classy wireless controller
  • Bluetooth iOS and Android mobile app
  • No clunky boxes, wires, or controllers like other devices
  • Quick and easy plug-and-play design that is removable without a trace
  • Works on gas, diesel, alternative fuel, and electric vehicles
  • 30-day money back guarantee

[video]

iOS App
Android App

PCU (Pedal Control Unit)

Wireless Controller

App

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page
APR Throttle Booster with Wireless Controller and iOS/Android App!

· Registered
82 Posts

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page

The APR Throttle Booster instantly transforms the way your vehicle feels by customizing how quicky your throttle or accelerator pedal works. Simply plug it in and either use the wireless controller or smart phone app to set or customize how the pedal feels. Most people don't like the way their throttle pedal feels, and while tuning can help eliminate lag, everyone has a different opinion about how it should feel. This device lets you set it exactly the way you want and allows you to quickly switch between profiles. Set it to stock, sport modes, extreme modes, and eco modes with ease. Best of all, it's a quick plug and play device that can be removed at any time.

Features:

• Improves throttle response and transforms the feel of the vehicle
  • Multiple switchable profiles including various sport modes, eco modes, and custom maps
  • Custom throttle mapping allows you to perfectly tune your throttle pedal
  • Thin and classy wireless controller
  • Bluetooth iOS and Android mobile app
  • No clunky boxes, wires, or controllers like other devices
  • Quick and easy plug-and-play design that is removable without a trace
  • Works on gas, diesel, alternative fuel, and electric vehicles
  • 30-day money back guarantee

[video]

iOS App
Android App

PCU (Pedal Control Unit)

Wireless Controller

App

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page
APR Throttle Booster with Wireless Controller and iOS/Android App!
I currently have the Burger Motorsports pedal tuner on my ‘21 Arteon and would love to experience the APR difference as I’m sure a lot of my other fellow Arteon/Aisin owners would as well! Any chance of sending over a sample for me to review?

· Registered
313 Posts
Alex, can you email [email protected] and tell us a little about you, your social media accounts, etc.
Hey Arin, I’m actually interested in a tune for my 21 SEL-R line. Does the tune help with some of that lazy/laggy throttle feel? Also I’m in North west Indiana about 50min from downtown Chicago, I don’t see any dealers nearby. Can you guys flash with a dongle and cable?

· Registered
82 Posts
Hey Arin, I’m actually interested in a tune for my 21 SEL-R line. Does the tune help with some of that lazy/laggy throttle feel? Also I’m in North west Indiana about 50min from downtown Chicago, I don’t see any dealers nearby. Can you guys flash with a dongle and cable?
It’s a plug-and-play device you buy. PM me if you have any further questions as I currently have a pedal tuner on my ‘21.

· Registered
82 Posts
I was asking about their ecu tune if they can flash at home. I don’t have a dealer nearby.
Oh, gotcha. I had to get my APR Plus tune done at a shop (The Shop CT). As far as throttle response is concerned, I didn’t notice much of a difference until I decided to address the elephant in the room head on and install the pedal tuner. Alternatively, you can also try the OBDeleven app that alters the throttle response to see if that wins any favors with you.

· Registered
21 Arteon SEL R-Line w/AWD - Urano Gray
627 Posts
I was asking about their ecu tune if they can flash at home. I don’t have a dealer nearby.
Oh, gotcha. I had to get my APR Plus tune done at a shop (The Shop CT). As far as throttle response is concerned, I didn’t notice much of a difference until I decided to address the elephant in the room head on and install the pedal tuner. Alternatively, you can also try the OBDeleven app that alters the throttle response to see if that wins any favors with you.
I went with the APR stage 1 tune, not the APR plus as it has a few more options than the plus does. That combined with the OBDeleven throttle response app pretty much eliminates any laggy throttle feel. Although with turbos in general you'll never completely get rid of the initial lag.

· Registered
313 Posts
I did the OBD 11 Audi throttle profile but that required me to alter the radar cruise control profile as well and I didn’t like the way it operated on the arteon. I had to press one extra button to activate my travel assist and the radar on the cluster never displayed the vehicle in front no matter how close it was. Since I use travel assist way way more I decided to revert back.

· Registered
313 Posts
The ECU tune will give you a linear throttle and remove delays. This will let you tweak it further and customize it how you see fit.

For the ECU tuning we don't have a an at home method yet. Here are our dealers: APR Dealers
Ok perfect. I’ll have to make an appointment. Just FYI I’m near the team Audi in Merrillville Indiana and tried to go through them they informed me they no longer flash vehicles for tunes APR or any other.

· Registered
672 Posts
The ECU tune will give you a linear throttle and remove delays. This will let you tweak it further and customize it how you see fit.

For the ECU tuning we don't have a an at home method yet. Here are our dealers: APR Dealers
Hey Arin, just picked up a '23 SEL Arteon with gen 4 engine. I saw on MK8 Golf R forum you have most of the work done on the tunes and was wondering if the Arteon Gen 4 with DQ381 for the 2022-2023 might get a tune like the older Arteon's. The Asian AQ8 is no longer a limiting factor.

Reactions: TablaRasa

· Registered
672 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Not sure if this was directly asked but... Any ETA... on the ecu tune and will APR ever make an exhaust for the Arteon?
ETA's in the tuning world are pretty much worthless, there are lots of reasons. Tuners try and keep consumers loyal by chumming the water with news that will make the consumer wait till their product is available even if the product may never see the light of day. In this case I'm hoping it gets released soon but I've been waiting for TrueFlex from IE since November 2021 when they said it would be "soon" available for the MK7.5 Golf R; their version of "soon" pretty much destroys Webster's definition. I've been waiting since 2018 for APR to release an at home tuning solution for my B8.5 Q5 3.0, never happened even though they said it would! It's frustrating to say the least so we buy what's available. Right now there are 2 choices to tune an Arteon, a JB4 or Raceline tuning box. I've had a JB4 and got rid of it on a 2021 atlas, then APR and then IE - staying with IE. So I wait for someone to release a tune for the Arteon which will make it one of the best performance values around.

· Registered
672 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath on a such a low production car and one that not many people will modify (outside of the few enthusiast on here).
Plus the no exhaust tips on the 2022's+ would require a different system for the 2019-2021's.
The juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze for them
On a positive note APR did produce a tune for the 2019-2021 and even a tune for the Atlas 2.0t so why not a 2022-23 Arteon. There is more good news in that the MK8 Golf R and 2022-23 Arteon share the same AIR box, intercooler and downpipe; Milltek is supposed to be testing a non-valved catback that exits below the rear valance, they also have a HFC which passes emissions and doesn't throw a CEL. So I'm hopeful but expecting a very long wait.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
1 - 20 of 23 Posts