VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good ole' days... A lightweight supercar powered by a normally aspirated BMW engine :thumbsup2:

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Wow. that is awesome.
23mpg and 138mph in the 1/4.:eek:

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Even taking into account mid-90s tire technology, the skidpad and slalom numbers of this car in the R&T test have mystified me on a monthly basis (since this is the only car R&T has kept in their performance summary section in the back of the magazine every month since the test was conducted) for over a decade now. Can anybody explain to me how they are so low?:confused:

·
Registered
19,725 Posts
Even taking into account mid-90s tire technology, the skidpad and slalom numbers of this car in the R&T test have mystified me on a monthly basis (since this is the only car R&T has kept in their performance summary section in the back of the magazine every month since the test was conducted) for over a decade now. Can anybody explain to me how they are so low?:confused:
The low numbers and excess understeer have always made me think something wasn't 100% with the car. Maybe the alignment was off. Maybe there was an issue with the tires.

As it was a customer car and not a press car, there's no guarantee the car was in perfect running condition.

·
Banned
8,271 Posts
Such a great car, thanks for this :thumbup:

I still remember the day I saw my first McLaren F1 :D

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did anyone notice the 13mph difference in trap speed between the R&T and Autocar road tests?

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You probably won't be able to read this because the text is too small, but it's better than nothing...

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
I still can't believe this is a near 20 year old design... incredible car :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts