VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: are #30 injectors a real noticeable mod? (vdubin90)

unless your running unreasonable boost or like to romp into the nether regions of rpm's (past your peak power band) for long periods of time, most stage 1-4 cars dont make power up that high.
Best way to find out is put your car on a dyno, where the air fuel dies off, you have to make a choice, more fuel, or don't drive it for any long period of time (3rd,4th,5th) in that region.
Each car varies because of many reasons, boost, age/condition of fuel systems. I like to go with the "safe" side and recommend no higher than 6000 rpm's for any period of time under boost given stage 1-4 trim and reasonable boost rates.
If you're charger is magical and makes like 17+psi at those rpm's or if you have flowed your head, put a bigger block in, then i suggest you choose larger injectors, a chip to match, and a dyno session.
It's always better to be safe than sorry, and most g60 dyno's show very little power gain (stock block/head/etc) over 6000 rpm's. Most.
Dyno run might cost you $65 for 3 pulls with air fuel, its a small price to pay to know where your limits are, imo. Push the limits, the car will push back, right at your wallet

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Re: are #30 injectors a real noticeable mod? (vdubin90)

quote:[HR][/HR]. Push the limits, the car will push back, right at your wallet

Axismode should have this in his sig. ha

-Greg[HR][/HR]​
hehehe....I might just do that.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Re: are #30 injectors a real noticeable mod? (88mk2g60)

quote:[HR][/HR]is it worth the money?[HR][/HR]​
K&N Panel Filter $45
G-lader rebuild $800
RSR outlet $120
Stage IV kit $500
30# injectors with SNS stage 5-5 to keep my pistons intact when the 68mm somehow pushes 20psi.....
Priceless.
Bottom line is that bigger injectors aren't a power adding mod. If you need the extra fuel to keep the fuel ratio right at high boost/RPM then you can't live with out them, but if you're stock or only moderatly modded then the injectors will not help a bit. Run your current set up on the dyno and see what the A/F does at high RPM. If your fuel system is up to the task stick with stock 26#. If you go lean in a condition you will see on the street, pop for the 30's and a chip to control them.
FYI my car runs much smoother with the new 30# injectors and SNS chip. Probably just the difference between brand new injectors vs 12 year old sprayers with 185k on them. I did notice a bit of a gain in top end pull, but I was going lean over 5k because I'm pushing way more boost than any normal stage 4.

[Modified by thetatau87, 1:02 AM 1-31-2003]

·
Registered
808 Posts
Re: are #30 injectors a real noticeable mod? (thetatau87)

Oo, oo, oo. I got 30s and stage 5. Very noticeable difference at the top end. Proven on the butt dyno and my mate commented too!
Not terribly expensive mod IMO. Even including shipping from the states it only cost about $275/£180.
Well worth it to see the back of the 'lag'.
Gavin

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Re: are #30 injectors a real noticeable mod? (greenveedubb)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Since you'll have more fuel in the top end, is it advisable to get a higher cam than a 268/260? If so? What kind? [HR][/HR]​
IMO the 268/260 the biggest cam to run on the street with an undersized pulley. According to mrkrad a motor with this cam doesn't lay down until 6000 RPM. If you spin much faster than that with a 68mm or smaller you are risking your chargers health. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Now a big cam with a stock pulley and a mondo ported charger....rev away! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.