Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have bilstiens im thinking about the sleeve style coilover to save a little
$ anyone have them i dont care if its tight i just dont want to be sick

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: are any sleeve style coilovers good (VolkSchnell-GTI)

I know somebody who is running I believe shine's setup on weitecs on his A1.5 cabby. they look awesome and ride great, but they aren't cheap. Guess it is just like everything else, you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
12,683 Posts

I heard Ground Controls are pretty good but after that and Struts you could just get the real deals

·
Registered
12,683 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]yes, and i'd like to thank Shawn for talking me out of the sleeve coils

thanks Shawn!
[HR][/HR]​
Your welcome

Right now you could get Weitec non dampening adjustable coils fer $750 so its not at all worth it

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: are any sleeve style coilovers good (RENNSPORT_Passalt)

i agree...although they may seem cheap you have to upgrade your struts to a good strut and about that time your right in the ball park of coilovers.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Re: are any sleeve style coilovers good (Euro Flavor)

quote:[HR][/HR]i agree...although they may seem cheap you have to upgrade your struts to a good strut and about that time your right in the ball park of coilovers.[HR][/HR]​
He already has the Bilsteins so upgrading his struts is a mute point.
As for the original question...
Let me share my EXPERIENCE with Ground Controls. I also had Bilsteins that only had about 10k on them if that and didn't see the point to wasting a perfectly good set of struts just because I was looking for an adjustable coilover with more drop. So I started to look into them. The GC's use a semi-progressive Eibach spring in any spring that you want. You can fully customize those bad boys. I just asked them to send me the standard street setup. Install was a bit of a bitch and the drop was only 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the back but other than that, they were phenomenal both in terms of handling and ride quality. In fact, I would say that they were more comfortable than my H&R Coilovers but the handling wasn't quite on par with them. Would I recommend them? Yeah... I think I would but ONLY if you are ok with a 2 inch drop maximum in the front. That is the only thing about them that disappointed me.
If you want more drop, look into other alternatives but don't be scared off by people who have ZERO experience with them on a daily basis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts