VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to update my Avatar and the choices are limited and the custom avatar option is not available.

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
Yes, custom avatars are turned off. We do that to keep the forums clean and easy to read - otherwise they tend to get filled up with blinking gifs and such.

-Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you take out the "Note:"?

I think getting rid of this bit of text will help with some of the confusion:

I'm sure you guys have bigger fish to fry, but seeing that "Note:" had me hunting around for a while before I found this post.

A simple
HTML:
<p style="display: none">Note: if you have a custom avatar....<p>
should fix it without affecting anything else on the site.

·
Registered
544 Posts
how did Rabbit5 upload that image of the guy crashing the camaro as his avatar?

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Sorry to bump such an old thread but it looks like quite a few people have uploaded custom avatars within the last couple weeks. I just went and only saw the pre-selected avatars and no option for a custom one. How are other users doing this?

·
Administrator
19,739 Posts
Sorry to bump such an old thread but it looks like quite a few people have uploaded custom avatars within the last couple weeks. I just went and only saw the pre-selected avatars and no option for a custom one. How are other users doing this?
They have been assigned those avatars by the staff. Users are not able to assign customer avatars themselves.

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
What you need to do to get an avatar is complain about it, just like you did here! ^^^^
😂
Complaining about custom avatars, gets you a custom avatar then? Perhaps in a parallel universe. :screwy:

·
I had to ask....
2,222 Posts
Most of the people have custom avatars anyway, so why not enable it for others? I know it doesn't do anything, but on any forum I've ever been before you could have a custom avatar and it's kind of cool to put something you want instead of a car badge.

·
Administrator
87,767 Posts
Most of the people have custom avatars anyway, so why not enable it for others? I know it doesn't do anything, but on any forum I've ever been before you could have a custom avatar and it's kind of cool to put something you want instead of a car badge.
Custom avatars are earned. They are not set up so you can choose your own. I’m sorry.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts