VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people think of joyriding as cruising around to be seen. Do you ever just go driving at night in the wilderness to connect with your vehicle/nature? Something I have carried over from my motorcycle days is heading out away from the city lights, pulling off the road, and turning off my vehicle. To me going from the adrenalin rush of riding/driving to the peaceful stillness of the dark is good for me and my machine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
IG @apissues
18,452 Posts
Re: Are nighttime drives in the country your thing? (XxCoryDxX)

Quote, originally posted by XxCoryDxX »
I live in the country too, night driving out here is terrifying due to the number of deer in the area, I avoid it at all costs.

That and all the cute women in the country are busy with incest. So, city driving. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Re: Are nighttime drives in the country your thing? (XxCoryDxX)

Quote, originally posted by XxCoryDxX »
I live in the country

x2 so I drive in it all the time ATVs ftw http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by ADargetnI at 2:05 PM 3-21-2010

· Registered
1,236 Posts
Re: Are nighttime drives in the country your thing? (ADargetnI)

Deer = not for me. It is perhaps more thrilling though, since you don't know if your excessive speed is the only thing that is going to make you crash.

· Registered
170 Posts
Re: Are nighttime drives in the country your thing? (iDance)

Quote, originally posted by iDance »
I live in the country. I go to the city for driving at night.

I live in the country too, and I dont particularly like driving in it at night.
Lots of deer during the summer.
Honestly the best times are a nice cool day or at dusk, when you can still see everything great.

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Re: Are nighttime drives in the country your thing? (Spa_driver)

almost doesn't matter whether it's city or country if i want to "connect" with my car and go for a fun drive... but if i want to connect with nature, i'm doing that without my car. hike/bike/whatever. much more enjoyable. although, i could see it happening a bit better with a motorcycle.
on that note, just to contradict myself, at a stop light the other day i leaned back and looked up through my open sunroof to see two bald eagles circling over head. i was in my car & had one of those "connecting with nature this is just awesome" moments.

· Premium Member
27,603 Posts
Re: Are nighttime drives in the country your thing? (John Lee Pettimore)

Mostly when I can put the top down. It's not the same with the top up or in a hardtop. But on a warm summer night, top down, it is heaven.

· Registered
2,764 Posts
Yep. I love nothing more than a late night drive. A few years back I had really bad insomnia, so I would go out on long drives at like 4am - I like doing this the most in the summer, just ride out to the lake and do some late night swimming with the lady.

· Registered
6,876 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Spa_driver »
Most people think of joyriding as cruising around to be seen. Do you ever just go driving at night in the wilderness to connect with your vehicle/nature? Something I have carried over from my motorcycle days is heading out away from the city lights, pulling off the road, and turning off my vehicle. To me going from the adrenalin rush of riding/driving to the peaceful stillness of the dark is good for me and my machine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Yup! I love doing those drives. I once did a 7hour drive at night. Started at Midnight in downtown LA, headed to PCH then drove a bunch of the canyon roads in Malibu. After that I headed to Angeles Crest Highway. Drove that all the way to Lancaster before heading back to LA. Stopped a couple of times just to take in nature and look at the actually visible stars!

Modified by SVT2888 at 3:27 PM 3-21-2010

· Registered
11,096 Posts

I love driving in the country at night... so much fun. City driving is boring, too many a-holes and such (got much better with the street racing laws and higher fuel prices I have to say... maybe the gov was onto something)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.