VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new fog bulbs, and i want to get some yellow color bulbs. The Piaas look really nice, but the price is gonna come out to around $50ish. The Apc are very cheap, and im assuming they will work just the same. Im only really looking for the color, the fogs dont seem to do much anyways. Should i spend the extra cash, or buy the cheaper bulbs??

·
Registered
815 Posts
Re: Are Piaa h3 bulbs worth the $$, or will the $10 Apc work just the same?? (emumtl)

I have some Philips All Weather which are similar to the Osram all weathers. I took it out of the box to test so I'm selling them used. Guaranteed not DOA will sell for $15 plus shipping...Sorry Emu...not meaning to cut on your sale.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Re: Are Piaa h3 bulbs worth the $$, or will the $10 Apc work just the same?? (VR6WagonWorks)

No problem at all buddy

I've been an avid Bulb "upgrader" (even back when you swapped out the headlamp from conventional to halogen
) and have always gone back to the PIAA's time and time again simply because they last. In all my bulb upgrades (For What It's Worth) I've never swapped out a burned PIAA bulb http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif and in many cases, I'm speaking about daily drivers and Company Vehicles being driven in the "ELEMENTS" (Winter, Bumpy Roads etc)...
Today, some vehicles (like the MKIV's) require that you pull off the entire front bumper in order to get to the headlamps to replace the bulbs (not a big thingy, but still, what was VW thinking???
) So as much as peeps want in getting the improvement, the looks, I think the longevity should play big in there bulb purchases...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Re: Are Piaa h3 bulbs worth the $$, or will the $10 Apc work just the same?? (AggvGtivr6)

every fricken piaa bulb I have ever owned has burned out on me in less then three months I hate piaa's, and it didn't matter how much money I spent the on piaa bulb or who replaced them they still burnt out quick and the light output was exactly the same as the cheaper bulbs just a different color... but thats just my experience good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.