VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running the 20" Q7 reps from achtuning with 275/45/20 all season sumitomos.
havent used this setup in the winter time, and not sure if they will be ok or if i should look into getting a winter specific setup.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Re: are snow tires that big of an improvement on the T-Reg? (djillusion)

Definitely a huge difference. Your 20" tires will ride above the snow and ice, rather than bear weight down through the snow and onto the road and hard pack.
My brother has a range rover sport. With the stock tires it is fairly good. With the 22" afermarket wheels/ summer tires it is awful in the snow.
With that said, you don't need to go to an all out snow tire, even an all season tires like the Nokian WRs are a big improvement with a SMALLER wheel.
Plus you are going to beat up your nice rims in the salt and sand.
http://web.me.com/renojoints/Touareg/Movie_4.html

Modified by Tahoe12 at 5:38 PM 11-26-2008

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Re: are snow tires that big of an improvement on the T-Reg? (Tahoe12)

We use 18" snows on ours, unbeatable! I would not dare going with our summer set up (20" wheels)....
Before we had the 18" all seasons, kinda ok but snows are so much better!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Re: (.paul)

On my relatively early 2004 (serial # 16,xxx) with Nav, I changed the radio coding at Address 56 from 0005077 to 0025077. Then you just push the Navi button, then Info, and select Position Disp from the options. There is no inclinometer display, as there are no sensors installed for the measurements.

Modified by DenverBill at 6:30 PM 11-27-2008

·
Registered
50,746 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Re: (spockcat)

Snow tires make a huge difference on the snow...
end of story..

Well worth the investment to protect your expensive truck.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Re: (Tahoe12)

Pics are from the cottage in the winter... almost every weekend.. We are fairly remote... if you don't have the proper tires forget about it.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Might have to get some dedicated snow tires to put on the stock 18's. I have 20's for the warmer months... What would oyu all recommend even though it might not be snow here all the time in IL its hit and miss.. Right now we have a direct hit 7" LOL.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Re: (gqjeff)

I've run 255/55-18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snows every winter since I got my 2004 in Sept. 2003. They have handled everything from ice, sleet, packed urban streets, and powder with aplomb. Price was a big factor in comparison to Blizzaks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.