VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (silvervwgti)

I just put them on on Friday. They dropped the car about an inch, maybe a little more. But they also balance the car better for handling. With so much of the weight on the front wheels, the spring set-up (like the Shine set-up) adjusts this balance. Visually, I think it looks like like the drop is lower in the back than the front now, but the space in the front wheel well was larger than the back. Just a visual thing. The ride is great.

[Modified by SPEEDRACER#1, 11:11 AM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (SPEEDRACER#1)

so would I be better going with the springs sold by VW or the Eibach pro springs? Are they both the same?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (silvervwgti)

I believe they are both the same. But make sure if you have the VR6, you get the ones for the VR6. The ones for the 1.8T are specific for it. They help compensate for the extra weight up front.
Also, you can get a better price. If you go through VW, your stealership will come down on price, or just grab th part number and get it yourself.

[Modified by SPEEDRACER#1, 11:46 AM 6-3-2002]

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (SPEEDRACER#1)

They are NOT the same!
There is no equivalent eibach to the vw/eibach models -- at least not in the USA. the vw/eibach springs are the same as the european pro-kit springs, but nothing we get over here...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (John A)

So which would be better for my car?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts

dont pay the vw price.
tey are 258 on the vw website + shipping....
I found them elsewhere for 208.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (JettaGrrl)

Totally OT, but I love the quote in your sig, JettaGrrl. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
If we could always keep that in mind, we'd save ourselves a lot of grief.

·
Registered
18,206 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]So which would be better for my car?[HR][/HR]​
if you're keeping the stock shocks, the vw/eibach ones would be better -- as your stock shocks will last longer that way...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Are the eibach springs sold by VW for the GTI any good? How much lower ... (John A)

I got mine through VW for just under $200. You can negotiate with them. And I meant the the VW Springs are made by Eibach specifically for VW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts