VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Re: (sparkstack)

Quote, originally posted by sparkstack »

Well i'd defo prefer the Veyron over the R32, but the daily drive MPG would kill me....

I too would go with the veyron, however i'd take transit to work as I do now and save gas in terms of DD as a result. The veyron's looking more and more appealing every day.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Re: (scrappy62)

Quote, originally posted by scrappy62 »
The only thing that bugs me about the tt though, is for a sports car, it doesn't feel like one.

Then, it's not one.
R32 drives more like a sports car

Well, there's your answer.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ZPrime)

Yes it is in terms of how the haldex electronically redistributes the power to the rear and with the speed of how it does it, the haldes 2nd generation is more agressive at redistributing the power to the rear. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Re: (scrappy62)

The only thing that bugs me about the tt though, is for a sports car, it doesn't feel like one. The new R32 drives more like a sports car.

You really should be looking at the new TT, or TT-S. Totally different beast, with a largely aluminum frame. Or the Scirocco, if (when?) it comes to the US. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by feels_road »

You really should be looking at the new TT, or TT-S. Totally different beast, with a largely aluminum frame. Or the Scirocco, if (when?) it comes to the US. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Also, isn't the old TT built on the old golf MK4 platform. Comparing the MK4 platform with the MKV is like comparing apples and apricots.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Re: FV-QR (sparkstack)

Quote, originally posted by sparkstack »

Also, isn't the old TT built on the old golf MK4 platform. Comparing the MK4 platform with the MKV is like comparing apples and apricots.

Yup, it is, that was one of my first responses in this thread, which quickly was misinterpreted with:
Quote »

ok, thank you. Please elaborate. on the difference. I'm not interested in the MKIV R32. I never mentioned that car. I appreciate your insight.

Which is when I realized this thread wasn't going to go anywhere useful, i'd advise taking it about... this seriously:

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Re: Are the R32 4motion and MK1 Audi TT 3.2 DSG Quattro same Haldex? (boki-san)

Quote, originally posted by boki-san »

are both front biased. varies from 100% front, to 50-50.

60/40 front bias.
Quote, originally posted by AmRando »
hay guyz
I am trying to compare a box of 1 dozen Boston Cream donuts to a 3lb bag of nails. Please elaborate on the difference, I appreciate your insights.

LOL.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Re: Are the R32 4motion and MK1 Audi TT 3.2 DSG Quattro same Haldex? (FreeGolf)

Quote, originally posted by FreeGolf »
60/40 front bias.

Modified by boki-san at 1:22 AM 3-3-2009

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Re: (AmRando)

Quote, originally posted by AmRando »
hay guyz
I am trying to compare a box of 1 dozen Boston Cream donuts to a 3lb bag of nails. Please elaborate on the difference, I appreciate your insights.

·
Registered
11,104 Posts
Re: Are the R32 4motion and MK1 Audi TT 3.2 DSG Quattro same Haldex? (FreeGolf)

care to elaborate a lil more?

He means you're mistaken. The Haldex 2 system in our cars begins with a F/R torque split of 100/0. As the system detects slip in the front it can route as much as 50% of torque to the rear, or any proportion in between. So you are somewhat correct as a 60/40 split is actually possible but not a "preset" of any kind.

Modified by bcze1 at 9:09 AM 3-3-2009

·
Registered
11,104 Posts
Re: (FreeGolf)

gotcha... i read in c&d or r&t (one of the car rags) that it was fwd bias of 60/40... then another person told me it was 80/20, so theres no clear cut answer. (until now, possibly?)

There's always been a clear cut answer, in addition to a lot of confusion. Part of the problem stems from Audi calling the A3 & TT's Haldex AWD system Quattro just like the rest of their lineup. However, all their longitudinal engine equipped cars use a permanent Torsen system whose split used to be 50/50 and more recently 40/60.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts