VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Re: (justinperkins)

That's hot.
Sure, why not, I add to the confusion.
The 50-50 stated above is correct as an average, under slippery conditions. However, the system can deliver as much as ~100% of the torque to the back. How so? Well, the front is permanently driven, and Haldex can (in sufficiently light cars with reasonable i.e. limited amounts of torque) pretty much lock the rear to the front. That is, when the front wheels are on ice cream, and the rears on sandpaper (happens to me all the time), the rear gets all the torque, although both axles spin about the same.

My favorite part of the Haldex system is that its diverts torque from the front to the back when the front needs more available traction forces for steering. Beautiful, isn't it? Now all that is required is a rear helical LSD to actually bring that torque onto the road...

http://www.youtube.com/v/qRZCUjte7ng

·
Registered
1 Posts
please do some research, you its all fromt wheel but in the mk4 r32 the haldex system provieds more torque to the rear wheels when u put the foot on the accelerate ? Meaning that when u put foot down in a mk4 golf u get the 4 wheels drive soon as u hit the accelerate..where the mk1 tt it only works when front wheels slip and even then ur only getting 20 percent to the reR wheels in the mk1 tt where the r32 ur getting 50/50 when foot on accelerate.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts